No Other Forum Has Been Able to Help Me... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
HawkSurf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No Other Forum Has Been Able to Help Me...

Hello Everyone. I just joined the forum and am stoked to meet you all.

I've got a 2005 Wrangler and it's an awesome car when the A/C is off. However, on a hot day, when I turn the A/C on, the entire vehicle rumbles and shakes. The gearshift shakes like crazy, and it's nearly impossible to accelerate from a still position. Turning off the A/C fixes everything. When I'm on the highway, turning on the A/C makes it very difficult to accelerate even slightly when in 6th gear. Hot weather magnifies the problem immensely. I live in Florida so A/C is a must.

If I'm driving in town, turning on the A/C makes my car rumble and shake but if I'm moving it's ok. When I come to a stop sign or traffic light I must turn off the A/C to accelerate and then turn it back on once moving.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Been living with this for months and it's awful.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
blubaru2002

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Fill out your profile first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
I have to return some video tapes.
post #3 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 PM
05jeeper

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Im sure someone else on here will be able to help more than me but my thoughts are; open the hood and have someone cycle the ac, observations? Maybe run without the serpentine belt for a short distance, does the problem remain? This would rule out compressor and make me think electrical. Have you taken to a shop?

2005 JEEP RUBICON

GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
OneLoud

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
Fill out your profile first.
That is great advice normally, but how the heck is that going to help anyone with his AC problem? Do you need to know what gears, tires, suspension, armor and tranny he has to fix the AC?
post #5 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
PurpleTJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

well, i have no clue whats wrong, but ill just say, you came to the right place. and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDustMan View Post
I took a poo once, and when I stood up, there was nothing in the toilet. I was positively terrified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

post #6 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
blubaru2002

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud View Post
That is great advice normally, but how the heck is that going to help anyone with his AC problem? Do you need to know what gears, tires, suspension, armor and tranny he has to fix the AC?
yes I do.

I am gonna say he either has a vacuum leak somewhere or an electrical problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
I have to return some video tapes.
post #7 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Shot compressor, clutch, loose/broken brakets,...

Welcome to the forum

Keep in mind that free advice can frequently be worth less than you pay for it.
post #8 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
HawkSurf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks all.

I've filled it to the best of my ability. Practically all factory. Did add a CB radio about a month ago... I appreciate any help. Like I said, the car drives great with the A/C off. I can't understand it.
post #9 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkSurf View Post

I've got a 2005 Wrangler and it's an awesome car

If I'm driving in town, turning on the A/C makes my car rumble and shake but if I'm moving it's ok.
Mistake #1 A Jeep is not a car.
Do you have two 10" subs blasting Eminem while this happens.

I'd go with the compressor.
post #10 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
05jeeper

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like you have been asking for advice on other forums. What have you tried? Results?

2005 JEEP RUBICON

GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:

post #11 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM
05jeeper

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like you have been asking for advice on other forums. What have you tried? Results?

2005 JEEP RUBICON

GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:

post #12 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
HawkSurf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05jeeper View Post
I went on WranglerForum.com. Had a good number of views but no responses. Also been asking around town for advice. No one has heard of this before. I haven't tried anything. Just don't know where to start.
post #13 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Hailchief
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkSurf View Post

I've got a 2005 Wrangler and it's an awesome car when the A/C is off. However, on a hot day, when I turn the A/C on, the entire vehicle rumbles and shakes. The gearshift shakes like crazy, and it's nearly impossible to accelerate from a still position. Turning off the A/C fixes everything. When I'm on the highway, turning on the A/C makes it very difficult to accelerate even slightly when in 6th gear. Hot weather magnifies the problem immensely. I live in Florida so A/C is a must.

If I'm driving in town, turning on the A/C makes my car rumble and shake but if I'm moving it's ok. When I come to a stop sign or traffic light I must turn off the A/C to accelerate and then turn it back on once moving.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Been living with this for months and it's awful.

Thanks!

First thing first!! Its a jeep....please don't call it a car.....
post #14 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
HawkSurf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Mistake #1 A Jeep is not a car.
Ha. I'll accept fault on that one.
post #15 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
05jeeper

1988 XJ Cherokee 

I think I would try to isolate if its compressor or electrical first. I think the easiest way to do this is to pull the belt and see if it goes away.

2005 JEEP RUBICON

GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:

Tags
a/c , acceleration , rumbling , shaking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in