No Lift with 35s - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No Lift with 35s

I've been debating in my head whether or not to post my Rubicon LCG build due to all the no lift critics on this forum, but I haven't really seen many highlined jeeps on the factory suspension with 35's. I have found an overline jeep, AEV jeep, and a lot of DIY highline with factory fenders, but not any tube fender highline with "no lift." So I figured I would put up some pictures of my Rubicon thus far in my build to help out others who might be trying to do the same as I did. I ended up going with TNT Hyline fenders in the front with the standard tube fender in the rear. The Hyline rear fenders they make were a bit too much for what I wanted. (I didn't want to stretch the rear suspension) I did have to cut the rear tube fenders in order to make sure I have enough room for the 35's though. Keep in mind I am on a budget so not everything is perfect, but I think it looks pretty good for just rattle canning the fenders. Anyway, here are some pics. I have a lot more pictures if anybody wants to see better detail of what I had to do on the front and rear fenders.

Also, I am putting the 35's on this Monday, so I will have the pics sometime next week with them on.

Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0788.jpg   DSCN0811.jpg   DSCN0821.jpg   DSCN0867.jpg   DSCN0869.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some more pictures that I couldn't fit in the first post.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0870.jpg   DSCN0891.jpg   DSCN0892.jpg  
post #3 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. Are they going to fit?

post #4 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 AM
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Cant wait to see 35's on it. I have 3" of lift total with 35's and metalcloaks but i have debated dropping the 2" suspension lift. Not sure with the LJ long belly the 2" might come in handy 1 day.

06 LJ
02 F350
post #5 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 AM
yarmish

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good..What did you use for a measurement when cutting your hood? Is that the stock washer bottle?

In a ZUK now....
post #6 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Looks good. Are they going to fit?
From all the research I have done the front tires should fit fine. For the rear I used the template from AEV's website as a rough idea of what I needed to cut. Here are some pictures of the rear after I trimmed the corners and my tub. I centered a tire to get an idea of how much room I would have. I know stock rear suspension has about 3 inches of up travel so if its too close I have some bump stop extensions or I just won't disconnect the rear sway bar offroad.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0885.jpg   DSCN0886.jpg  
post #7 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarmish View Post
Looks good..What did you use for a measurement when cutting your hood? Is that the stock washer bottle?
I just measured about 3.25 inches along the side of the hood. That seemed to be how much it needed. I cut a little less at first to make sure and it turned out 3.25 was the magic number! But, I highly recommend you should still test fit and measure first!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0856.jpg   DSCN0857.jpg  
post #8 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

As for the washer bottle, its a CJ bottle with pump I found on ebay for $20! It works great!
CWBreeding likes this.
post #9 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynickburns View Post
I just won't disconnect the rear sway bar offroad.
Rear swaybar should always stay connected
post #10 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Rear swaybar should always stay connected
I think your thinking about the track bar. That's why I'm not lifting this jeep. I hated the constant adjusting of everything to center the axles and pinion angles on my last jeep.
post #11 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

don't forget to check the tire clearance at full bump & full flex. might need bumpstop extensions....

Quote:
I think your thinking about the track bar. That's why I'm not lifting this jeep. I hated the constant adjusting of everything to center the axles and pinion angles on my last jeep.
No he's not. he's talking about the rear sway bar. there is no reason to disconnect it...it provides stability you'll need off-road.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #12 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 10:07 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope. I know the difference between trackbars and swaybars. There is no reason to disconnect rear swaybar. And in fact even up front while disconnected may be better than stock, a connected offroad swaybar (e.g. Anti-rock) is better than disconnected.
post #13 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
mynickburns

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Nope. I know the difference between trackbars and swaybars. There is no reason to disconnect rear swaybar. And in fact even up front while disconnected may be better than stock, a connected offroad swaybar (e.g. Anti-rock) is better than disconnected.
Cool, thanks. I will keep that in mind for my future upgrades.
post #14 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I see no problem with your jeep. I would see the problem if i did it to my jeep because i almost did. Even with 4 inches of lift and 35's with 1.25 inch BL my jeep drags on a regular basis. Its mostly due to the LJ having a worse break over angle, but its worth it to me.

As long as your jeep does what you want it to do its perfect. Thats all you ask for in YOUR jeep. Im glad you posted your "build" instead of hiding it. There are people that leave thier jeeps stock because they perform to the owners standards as is, I know its a hell of a lot cheaper to have this veiwpoint. Keep jeepin man, I want to see it with the tires on it, and yes, keep the rear swaybar connected, mine flexes really good in the back and the swaybar isnt my limit. The front swaybar on the other hand got replaced with an antirock, you can just disconnect yours. check your bumpstops and keep an eye on the front track bar, it tends to work loose at the axle end. You may want to upgrade to currie steering just to keep those 35's in line better.
post #15 of 122 Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Ef4life
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I definatly like the no lift and 35s. It's what I have right now. Mine tends to rub in the rear a bit without bumpstop extensions, I think to ideally run the 35s tho it needs to be lifted about 2" to give more clearance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in