Need more help on radiator fan - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
MarshallMopar
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Need more help on radiator fan

Hi there. my radiator fan started making all kinds of noises. so i checked under the hood of my jeep. its the 4.0 i noticed when the jeep was off i could wiggle it. after that i tried to spin it and as i spun it, it got reall rough then itd be kinda smooth. and when i gave it gas you could hear it just make all kinds of high pitched noises. Then i went to spin my buddys fan in his 4.0, and its was a nice smooth spin with not a noise at all. i was told two different things. i needed a fan. and the other one was i needed a fan clutch? it feels like the bearings in it are completely shot. If anyone could clear me up on maybe exactly what i need it would be greatly appreciated!

"Jack Em High, Fat Girls Cant Climb"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 PM
chris142
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The fan blade bolts to the fan clutch that bolts or screws onto your water pump. You need a fan clutch.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

MarshalMopar, with the info given in your other thread on the same subject, and with the comparison of your buddy's Jeep, you should be able to determine if the fan is bad, or as we suggested in your last thread, probably the clutch.

The clutch should not spin or make noise. But should have even drag/resistance as you rotate the fan by hand.

Or your water pump bearing may be shot causing the entire assy to wobble and have play.

Either way you going to have to start taking things apart, fan, clutch, water pump. Stop when you get to the bad part.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx

Tags
fan , noise , radiator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in