Multiple Suspension Issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2014, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
jdhawes
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Multiple Suspension Issues

A little back story, sorry, will keep it short:
As a surprise, my wife contacted a Jeep Club to install a 4" Tuff Country EZ Ride Suspension Lift on my 2006 TJ while I was deployed to Iraq. She got the lift from JC Whitney but they sent her the lift for a 2007. This was not caught by the people that installed the lift. The 2007 lift does not come with adjustable control arms, so the ones they installed were not the correct length which led to an incorrect driveshaft angle, among other things. Once I drove it, I realized there was an issue and got it corrected after JC Whitney sent me the correct CA's (control arms). But the guys who installed it said that the lengths in the lift directions did not match the lengths they needed to put the CA's at on my Jeep. Now one of my rear lower CA's has failed and I am in the process of ordering some and was going to install them myself but after reading a lot of the forums on CA's and the issues I had with the initial lift being installed, it made me question if I need to take the Jeep to someone who can check EVERYTHING to make sure the lift is installed correctly. And I am referring to the axles being centered and square to each other and front & rear pinion angles and those sorts of important things. I dont think the local mechanics know the specifics (and neither do I) of what to inspect to make sure all that is correct for this Jeep. So when someone has this issue, where would one take his Jeep to give it their blessing?

2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
4" Tuff Country EZ Ride Suspension Lift
33" Mickey Thompson All-Terrains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Jeepsr4me

Yes you need to take to a competent shop. A 07 is not even the same suspension. The arms are way longer and will not work on a TJ.

also.. Though what your wife wanted to do you something nice, she may have just tossed a wad of cash in a hole. JC has a lot of cool stuff, but lifts for jeeps by the brand you said is not a good one...

Since you home and may want to try installing a good lift yourself, there are some real good ones on here that others will advise you on.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Spyder05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

getting everything square is not that hard if you are mechanically inclined. it takes time and patience to do it right but it can be done at home with only a few basic tools. but if you want to bring it to a shop, I can't help much since im not from where you are.

05 Tj d44's, 4.88's, ARB's, 37's and some bling
99 TJuggy tons, 40's
14 RAM 1500
07 SRT 8 grand

Tags
control arms , suspension , suspension lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in