Long or short wheel base? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Budke

2004 TJ Wrangler 

True, forgot about that.
USAA can do a lot of the haggling for me too at certain dealerships.

04 TJ- Short Bus. It's got some stuff.

Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
bairy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have both. go with the LJ!

Being a better driver(brag) I am able to turn in places where bad TJ drivers can't.

When not on the trail, you will thank yourself over and over for the added room in the back, better on road stability, guaranteed dana44 rear end and better towing ability.

2006 LJ Claytonized
1999 TJ stockish
1987 J20
post #18 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
timberwolf0122

2005 LJ Wrangler 

LJ, unless you are only going to have kids in the rear seats or only need to transport a lunch box in the trunk. Off road wise you'll have no trouble keeping up with the TJ's

Atheist Jeep Club Member #2
Doctor Who has died 13 times, is on his 14th regeneration and has a time machine, beat that Jesus.

post #19 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
NorCalCon

2006 LJ Wrangler 

The ladies really like my LJ
post #20 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

IMO on road an LJ would be better but off road it just seems it would be easier to get hung up on a log, drop off, etc.

Every time I see an unlimited I always say how ugly it is, then some else always says "yeah, but it's better offroad". To me it seems like a limo in San Francisco.
post #21 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
IMO on road an LJ would be better but off road it just seems it would be easier to get hung up on a log, drop off, etc.

Every time I see an unlimited I always say how ugly it is, then some else always says "yeah, but it's better offroad". To me it seems like a limo in San Francisco.
lets go wheelin', we'll see

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #22 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Jayson44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think for the majority of trails, the difference between an LJ and a TJ is negligible. the LJ will not have much of a disadvantage over the TJ in terms of turning, I would think. (I own a TJ, so can't really say...)

now, I had a CJ5 before my TJ and there is a good difference in the two. but the TJ is both longer and wider than my 5. that little 5 could slip through all sorts of stuff...I kinda miss it!

all that to say, go w/the LJ. I'm sure you won't regret it. if you do, give me a holler...I'd love to trade!

J.

98 TJ Sahara patrolling the FSRs above Denver...
Colorado Jeep Club Member #280
post #23 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
lets go wheelin', we'll see
Yeah I'm sure your could go places I couldn't, Jeep is only as good as its driver.

How much longer is an LJ to a TJ though?
post #24 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Yeah I'm sure your could go places I couldn't, Jeep is only as good as its driver.

How much longer is an LJ to a TJ though?
we're setup fairly similar...

the LJ is 15" longer total.
10" more wheelbase
2" more rear leg room
13" more cargo space

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #25 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
we're setup fairly similar...

the LJ is 15" longer total.
10" more wheelbase
2" more rear leg room
13" more cargo space
That's not really that much longer, I still wouldn't want a 4 door JK though.
post #26 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Best of both worlds right here: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/pr...ed-one-622829/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your shaft isn't long enough to handle that kind of droop...
2003 TJ Rubicon:

2017 JKU Rubicon:
post #27 of 27 Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Budke

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Now if I could REALLY have the lwb jeep I wanted.....CJ8.

04 TJ- Short Bus. It's got some stuff.

Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.

Tags
tj , lj , wrangler , long wheelbase , short wheelbase , advice , suggestion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in