LED Turn Signal Installation - Page 6 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 81 Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 PM
HeresBruce

That's very helpful and easy to understand!!! Save money taking it in to the service centre, nice work

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 81 Old 04-15-2015, 03:45 PM
jeepwrangler97

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I did front 2 wire leds with the resistor/diode setup and my side marker lights are 3 wire.

With the side markers hooked up, the front marker lights are too dim & do not light up all the way.....is this because there's a resistor setup in the side lights & the fronts?
post #78 of 81 Old 04-22-2015, 05:21 AM
EmptyPockets4TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Worked Just as described on my 2006 TJ....used the EP 26 flasher, and the same diodes and resistors as described in the orginal post. I just soldered all the connections together and kept all the orginal wire in tact....I just twisted both turn and both park light leads together and soldered them directly to the diode/resistor package. The larger light on the front of my grill is a little dim, but if flashes very bright. The side indicator light is bright when both flashing and not.

post #79 of 81 Old 10-18-2015, 08:11 PM
walrusmt

Thanks for the info! Will trade for normal fenders

This was a big help. I just bought my first jeep and it came with the rock crawler fenders. Now I have a way to use the turn signals.
However, if anyone wants the rock crawler fenders and lives in the Oklahoma City area let me know. I trade you these for your normal.
That way we both get what we want for free...
post #80 of 81 Old 07-20-2016, 12:48 PM
SR-17
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
LEDs issues on 1997 TJ

I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. I have replaced the front facing turn signals with LEDs and have encountered many issues. I have had ďstock-lookingĒ LEDs for the brakes for quite some time. They work, until now. The picture shown below is the new LED turn signals I purchased from www.superbrightleds.com. I went ahead and installed 4 new heavy-duty resistors to both the brake and front facing LEDs. I do not have any rectifier diodes installed. My flashers donít flash when the running lights, driving lights, or hazard lights are engaged. The relay is fine as Iím concerned. However, when I pull the knob (location: lower left of steering column) out one notch the dashboard turn signal indicators both come on. This is where the turn signals donít engage, despite the LEDs being very bright. This is the same for the driving lights as well. Sadly, my hazards donít even flash anymore. I would appreciate the help from any fellow Jeepers, like me.
post #81 of 81 Old 08-11-2019, 03:09 PM
X-Army

1979 CJ5 

I know this is an old thread, but I have a couple of questions. Kudos to the original author and contributors.

1) Since the original write-up, has there been a new or better solution developed? It seems that with so many owners of older vehicles wanting to upgrade to LED's, there should be some aftermarket support. I was thinking of something like this (dubdubdub.diodedynamics.com/tail-as-turn-module-diy.html), which I'm not sure will work in a front turn / marker light application.

2) I know the write-up is for a TJ, so I'm wondering if there are differences to consider on my '79 CJ5? Does the TJ system work through a grounded front blinker housing like mine, use a grounded signal from the column switch, and flash alternately with the side marker?

Thanks for any input...Paul

Last edited by X-Army; 08-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Tags
led , turn signal , write up , write-up , installation , install , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in