Jks ogs128 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-18-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jks ogs128

So I am currently running a Metalcloak front track bar which is their original version before they started using their durotrak bushing and 14m bolt on the axle side. The MC trackbar I have using a 5/8 bolt on the frame and 1/2" on the axle. I am tired of the consistent rattling and replacing of the heim and now considering just replacing it with something that using a JJ. I am curious as to if JKS uses a genuine JJ on the frame side or if it is their own type of flex end. Can anyone confirm? Also not sure if this is a good option since it uses the same bolt sizes. I was also looking at curries newest TB but it a bit more spendy and not sure of the differences between the JKS and Currie.

05 Wrangler AEV/METALCLOAK/OME
12 GC Limited
For Sale
KC Light brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-18-2019, 02:15 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
JKS does not use a Currie Johnny Joint.

2003 Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-20-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
JKS does not use a Currie Johnny Joint.
So I did some additional research and was able to come to find that it looks like they use a summit machine joint on this TB. I am unsure of the quality of this type of joint seems as a generic knockoff of a JJ. I know Currie and JKS trackbars are listed as the top two choices but with regard to the summit machine joint I am really not sure on the durability of the joint.

12 GC Limited
For Sale
KC Light brackets

post #4 of 10 Old 08-20-2019, 08:21 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I too am tired of Metalcloak's junky heim joint. From what I've gathered, to replace it with a Johnny Joint you need the shortened JJ ball for the track bar with a weld housing. Weld a threaded shank offset from center to push the bar a bit forward. Add a small gusset to the shank and you have made a good improvement to the Metalcloak front track bar.

An easier option is to use a $60-70 FK rod end. It is a better quality part that should last longer, but probably not as long as a Johnny Joint will due to the orientation of the joint.

The most difficult, but good, fix is to turn the rod end 90deg into a double shear.

2003 Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have been taking a look at this EMF rod end https://www.emfrodends.com/collectio...-3-4-16-thread for a replacement for the heim. I know TMR sells a similar lifetime heim but seems that they just sort of ripped off EMF design. The route of going with a quality replacement heim would be much cheaper but at the end of the day I'm not sure if it would be more beneficial to just go with a Currie TJJ trackbar. I know the JJ is reliable and is proven which has me wondering if I should get the Currie or give the EMF heim a shot.

12 GC Limited
For Sale
KC Light brackets
post #6 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 09:08 AM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
I have been taking a look at this EMF rod end https://www.emfrodends.com/collectio...-3-4-16-thread for a replacement for the heim. I know TMR sells a similar lifetime heim but seems that they just sort of ripped off EMF design. The route of going with a quality replacement heim would be much cheaper but at the end of the day I'm not sure if it would be more beneficial to just go with a Currie TJJ trackbar. I know the JJ is reliable and is proven which has me wondering if I should get the Currie or give the EMF heim a shot.
I am running Ruffstuff OTK panhard bar / kit with EMF lifetime heims. Best heims I have seen and run. Been almost 2 years and they are still as tight as new. Definitely worth the $$$ I was blowing through RS heims like crazy before.
Attached Thumbnails
EMFHeim.jpg  

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
post #7 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 09:40 AM
cmecha
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I had a Currie track bar and swapped to a tnt double sheer trackbar. Much better Imho my Currie is posted for sale if your interested

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

"always upgraded, never replaced."
post #8 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
I am running Ruffstuff OTK panhard bar / kit with EMF lifetime heims. Best heims I have seen and run. Been almost 2 years and they are still as tight as new. Definitely worth the $$$ I was blowing through RS heims like crazy before.

I ordered an EMF end today, hopefully it works with the MC bar. If it doesn't I'll probably just go Currie. How long did it take EMF to get it shipped out? When I ordered it said it could take a while to manufacture, I'm not sure if this is something they would have readily available for shipping.

12 GC Limited
For Sale
KC Light brackets
post #9 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 05:11 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
I ordered an EMF end today, hopefully it works with the MC bar. If it doesn't I'll probably just go Currie. How long did it take EMF to get it shipped out? When I ordered it said it could take a while to manufacture, I'm not sure if this is something they would have readily available for shipping.
EDIT:
I had to wait about 2-3 days to manufacture one part, then was about 2 days to me. I am in BC, Canada though and they are one province over

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
post #10 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
I hate to wait about 2-3 days to manufacture one part, then was about 2 days to me. I am in BC, Canada though and they are one province over
2-3 days isn't too bad, when I placed my order it said some parts take up to 12 weeks so I can live with a few days. Shipping to me I think hopefully should be about a full week. I'm anxious to get it and see if it is going to work.

12 GC Limited
For Sale
KC Light brackets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in