I can get a picture of it full bump tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 Old 02-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LJTampa View Post
If anyone does run into interference issues. Check out the Barnett front diff cover. I installed one on mine about a yr ago and it helped.

Thought about swapping out my jks tb for a MC one but it might be throwing $ away if its still working for me after the Barnett cover.
X2 but in the picture above he has a stock cover which is the same as a Barnett for clearance (and yes I know you know that) It would be interesting to see full bump pics though.
post #18 of 32 Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattific View Post
I can get a picture of it full bump tomorrow
I can't tell from your picture, do you have any bump stop extension in the front?

post #19 of 32 Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thats my fault not sure why i said Riddler bcI knew they had clearance issues. I meant I have a Barnett cover lol
lol, that's one heck of a brain fart!

yes, barnett's are great for clearance so far....if the stock fits, the barnett will fit.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #20 of 32 Old 02-09-2016, 10:33 PM
rda616

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I had the 126 with ZJ v8 steering, but moved it to my XJ and bought a Metalcloak for my TJ. The JKS feels like a piece of tin compared to the MC track bar. I would not bother with the JKS and go right to the better clearance and much stouter MC piece. The shop should install whatever you bring them. I'm sure they get paid by the hour and are making money either way.
post #21 of 32 Old 02-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Knuckelhead
R.I.P. Knuckelhead

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The Warn has been serving me well for many years:

post #22 of 32 Old 02-09-2016, 11:21 PM
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Now that I think about it...i have the jks tb like others here and the ZJ tierod setup. Well thats coming off here in a couple weeks for the currie steering. Guess I should start researching and see if i'll have to add more bumpstop than my current setup.
post #23 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 01:05 AM
Mattific

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey61
I can't tell from your picture, do you have any bump stop extension in the front?
Yes I do
post #24 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 03:41 AM
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattific View Post
Yes I do
How much?
post #25 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Mattific

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey61
How much?
I don't remember. Was installed 3 years ago and haven't touched it since
post #26 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Now that I think about it...i have the jks tb like others here and the ZJ tierod setup. Well thats coming off here in a couple weeks for the currie steering. Guess I should start researching and see if i'll have to add more bumpstop than my current setup.
that's why I'm still running the V8 ZJ stuff & not Currie steering...won't fit...needs ~2" bumpstop extensions...for my setup, I'd lose almost 1" uptravel...

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #27 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 12:04 PM
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
lol, that's one heck of a brain fart!

yes, barnett's are great for clearance so far....if the stock fits, the barnett will fit.
It better since it is based on a stock cover with reinforcing at the bottom

I heard PSC new model is supposed to be better now than it used to for clearance

Machete don't tweet
- Machete
post #28 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 01:53 PM
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
that's why I'm still running the V8 ZJ stuff & not Currie steering...won't fit...needs ~2" bumpstop extensions...for my setup, I'd lose almost 1" uptravel...
uh oh...i have the revised savvy tierod/curry setup heading my way in a couple weeks lol
post #29 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
173djeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the JKS HD on my Tj. The only two complaints I have are 1. they sent me the wrong size bolt for the axle side, and 2. after about a year the "adjustable" end became so seized up I have to use pipe wrenches to adjust it. But Ive never had any other problems with it.
post #30 of 32 Old 02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
EasyE

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just put the JKS track bar up front along with a 4" lift. 2" hockey puck bump stops, factory steering. It looks fine clearance wise but time will tell once I get it out in the rough stuff. Unlimited04 has me a bit concerned. The frame tie in is pretty massive. Looks like a JJ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in