Jeep TJ DD Lift Kit for 33's - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 11-14-2017, 05:21 AM
BMorrNH
2005 LJ Wrangler 

OME 2.5" HD clears my 33's, been like this for years, drives better than stock. Just picked up a 1" body lift and it will go on as soon as I can figure out how to raise my src roof rack an inch in the back!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 11-14-2017, 09:15 AM
rficken42

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
i have 2.5 Old Man Emu springs went with the v8 zj ome springs for the weight of the winch. after market upper & lower control arms. rough country track bars but they are junk. looking at metal cloak track bars.
rbaucom7266 likes this.

99TJ 5.2V8 ax15 2.5lift dana30/44 Lockers 410s 35s AtlasII bellyup skid & winch
post #18 of 23 Old 11-14-2017, 07:17 PM
bigfoot80
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rficken42 View Post
i have 2.5 Old Man Emu springs went with the v8 zj ome springs for the weight of the winch. after market upper & lower control arms. rough country track bars but they are junk. looking at metal cloak track bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMorrNH View Post
OME 2.5" HD clears my 33's, been like this for years, drives better than stock. Just picked up a 1" body lift and it will go on as soon as I can figure out how to raise my src roof rack an inch in the back!
I was looking at the 4.25 combo lift. but as it is I worried about the driveline vibes/ with my state lift laws are changing. The 33's fit I do get some rub on the passenger side swaybar at full left turn, due to still rolling on the stock trackbar. But I just ordered a metalcloak bar. I also installed a MML which helped with some driveline vibes. My current trajectory I am thinking long term a tummy tuck so at that time I will go with a body lift.

honestly I havent flexed it out with the sway bars disconnected, but it does fireroads and dirt roads just fine along with pavement pounding.

05 TJ sport

post #19 of 23 Old 11-22-2017, 07:34 PM
etsubchief
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I did a 3" zone. Running 33's and have no issues. This is my DD and I do some weekend fun. I am happy with it.

06' Silver Unlimited, 3" suspension lift, 33 Discoverer STT's, Black Rock Wheels
post #20 of 23 Old 11-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Freeagent27
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_TJ
Hi There, I have a BDS 2" kit on my TJ, I just purchased the springs from them, then spend a bit more cash on Bilstein shocks. This set up has been on my TJ for over 8 years and is as solid as the day it was put in. I got about 2.5" from the lift, due to being only a soft top, so I think you will get a little more than advertised with these guys. The BDS shocks get a good rep as well. So if you were wanting something good for a reasonable price that I would recommend that you take the one on the link below into consideration. http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...5&yr=2003-2006
You are running 33s on the 2" BDS? Assuming you got the 2" considering you mentioned getting 2.5"? I am curious as I just had the BDS 2" installed a few weeks ago with the Fox 2.0 shocks. No body lift or Mml.

"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
post #21 of 23 Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 PM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

2.5" of lift with 33s. Not a lot of clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
WHITE 12  18.jpg   JEEP1.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'd rather knock myself unconscious, cut a finger off, poke my eye out with a sharp stick or be forced to go back to work than install anything made by Rusty's.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ on 33s.
post #22 of 23 Old 11-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Freeagent27
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
2.5" of lift with 33s. Not a lot of clearance.
So for a DD pounding pavement every day you could probably get away with running 33s on 2.5" with no bl or mml without any rubbing or clearance issues? More than likely though if taken on a trail you would have major rubbing issues without a minimum of high clearance fenders? I know what you COULD do and SHOULD do is what creates or reduces problems down the road. I do like the look though, but if i understand functionally it may be an issue?

"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
post #23 of 23 Old 11-23-2017, 09:26 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeagent27 View Post
So for a DD pounding pavement every day you could probably get away with running 33s on 2.5" with no bl or mml without any rubbing or clearance issues?
My brother ran 33s with a 2.25" BB for about a year on the street with no issues. He soon added a BL and then went to a 4" SL and BL, then 35s. It never ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'd rather knock myself unconscious, cut a finger off, poke my eye out with a sharp stick or be forced to go back to work than install anything made by Rusty's.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ on 33s.

Tags
lift , tj , wrangler , zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in