Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

i hate torx bolts. breaker bar?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mhmckort 
#1 ·
hey i cant get off my torx bolts on my front bumper ive tried everything to remove them and they still wont go..where can i get a breaker bar or something to remove them???

#2 ·
Any tool department will have a good selection of breaker bars. Make sure when you increase the leverage with a breaker bar that you're using a good quality torx-head adapter on it and that it's straight and pushed down firmly into the bolt when you are using the breaker bar. Stripping the bolt head is something best avoided beforehand. :)

#4 ·
Well, longer is going to produce more torque than shorter. 20"-24" is fine for general use. Go look at them, you'll be able to pick one out that looks right. Spraying a little Liquid Wrench, PB-Blaster, or Break-Free at the bolt wouldn't hurt either... and WD-40 is not a substitute for any of those three. :)

#6 ·
Do I ever agree with you! ... Torx & hex & telephones ( a woman's tool) were invented by the devil- answering machines and phillips or robertsons were invented by God!

And don't get me started on the stupid metric system that Pierre Trudeau got Canada into in the '70s! That jerk also got us into federal deficit financiing- I still think in terms of feet, inches, miles, and slugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.