How can I slightly lift my rear end to cure stance issue?? - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
gsindela
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 507
How can I slightly lift my rear end to cure stance issue??

I have an '03 TJ X with 32" BFG AT KO2s, a 2" spacer lift, and Rancho RS9000XLs.

Here is my issue: the front end sits slightly higher than the rear. The stance simply looks off. I want to cure this, but am not sure the best way to do so.

Looking to you guys for suggestions. Thanks in advance!

gsindela is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 02:43 PM
JBTJ
Registered User
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 11,643
Remove the 2" spacer lift in front and replace with 1.5". Or replace rear springs with 3" lift springs.
JBTJ is offline  
post #3 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
gsindela
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 507
My Rancho's are spec'd for 2" lift. If I go up to 3" springs in the rear, will my shocks be OK??
gsindela is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 03:20 PM
JBTJ
Registered User
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 11,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsindela View Post
My Rancho's are spec'd for 2" lift. If I go up to 3" springs in the rear, will my shocks be OK??
Hard to say. The JEEP naturally has a slight rake to it making the front sit lower than the rear. Installing a 2" lift should have kept it that way. I installed a 1" spacer in front because I wanted my JEEP to look level.
JBTJ is offline  
post #5 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 03:25 PM
JBTJ
Registered User
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 11,643
You could also add a winch to the front to bring it down and make it "look" cooler.
JBTJ is offline  
post #6 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 04:14 PM
J03_TJ
Registered User
 
J03_TJ's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reno
Posts: 4,090
Pull the backseat?
J03_TJ is offline  
post #7 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
gsindela
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 507
no need for a winch, but i do need the backseat for the kiddos! looking at OME 10mm trim spacer for the rear unless I come up with a better idea. thanks to everyone for the information.
gsindela is offline  
post #8 of 29 Old 08-29-2015, 04:53 PM
VARIABLE9
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsindela View Post
no need for a winch, but i do need the backseat for the kiddos! looking at OME 10mm trim spacer for the rear unless I come up with a better idea. thanks to everyone for the information.
That's a lot of work for 10mm - if you are disassembling to that point just replace the springs. It will be a better Jeep for it.
VARIABLE9 is offline  
post #9 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
gsindela
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
That's a lot of work for 10mm - if you are disassembling to that point just replace the springs. It will be a better Jeep for it.
Yes, I think you may be right. Wasn't wanting to spend the $$ on new springs, but I just may do so.
gsindela is offline  
post #10 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesHELL
Posts: 39,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsindela View Post
I have an '03 TJ X with 32" BFG AT KO2s, a 2" spacer lift, and Rancho RS9000XLs.

Here is my issue: the front end sits slightly higher than the rear.
Looking to you guys for suggestions.
You need to figure out why your Jeep sits that way first. They should sit 1.5" higher in the rear. Did you install the lift? Were the rear spring isolators removed? Is there a dead body in the back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes. ***SOLD*** for Covid-19 pandemic rent money. :(
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho RS5000X shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
TheBoogieman is offline  
post #11 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 AM
rda616
Registered User
 
rda616's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan
Posts: 3,430
You can buy BDS 2" rear springs for about $100. They have a higher spring rate than the stock rear springs and will support more weight.

What are the extended and collapsed lengths of your shocks?
rda616 is offline  
post #12 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 08:18 AM
rda616
Registered User
 
rda616's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman
You need to figure out why your Jeep sits that way first. They should sit 1.5" higher in the rear. Did you install the lift? Were the rear spring isolators removed? Is there a dead body in the back?
Those damn dead bodies get you every time. Rofl
rda616 is offline  
post #13 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Ironhead
Registered User
 
Ironhead's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Westchester
Posts: 4,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
You need to figure out why your Jeep sits that way first. They should sit 1.5" higher in the rear. Did you install the lift? Were the rear spring isolators removed? Is there a dead body in the back?
agreed, something else is going on. I run 3" fronts and 2" rears and still have a slight rake due to the factory design
Ironhead is offline  
post #14 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesHELL
Posts: 39,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
Those damn dead bodies get you every time. Rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes. ***SOLD*** for Covid-19 pandemic rent money. :(
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho RS5000X shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
TheBoogieman is offline  
post #15 of 29 Old 08-30-2015, 08:33 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesHELL
Posts: 39,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
agreed, something else is going on. I run 3" fronts and 2" rears and still have a slight rake due to the factory design
So do I. 5" front/4" rear.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes. ***SOLD*** for Covid-19 pandemic rent money. :(
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho RS5000X shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
TheBoogieman is offline  
Reply

Tags
lift advice. , spacers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome