has any 1 using ironman 4x4 control arms? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
gattaca37
1998 TJ Wrangler 

has any 1 using ironman 4x4 control arms?

Is any 1 here using ironman 4x4 control arms. Enjoy them, hate them (pros and cons)? compare them to teraflex, JKS, currie, clayton.
He claims they r 12 threads per inch w/ jam nut, full warranty. Completely rebuildable(he says he will rebuild them cause of full warranty, if that ever happened), thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
newbs
Jeepaholic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We put some on my friends and the build quality is nice. They are very adjustable and built to accommodate lots of lift(or cheap wheel base lengthening). Is it currie build quality no but nothing really is. I have all those brands personally except for jks and I think the ironman are a great bang for the buck.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-16-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
gattaca37
1998 TJ Wrangler 

anybody else? anyone ever try A.R.C. fab adjustable control arms? pros and cons on those arms

post #4 of 9 Old 10-16-2010, 08:34 PM
WV-TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have arc rear uppers and will say to stay clear of them. The bushing was so short in them that when the bolts were torqued down, it pinched the urethane bushings so tight that the rear of my jeep seemed almost solid.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
gattaca37
1998 TJ Wrangler 

any1 else on these two manufactures (ironman and ARC)? Anymore pros and cons is what I am asking for, thanks
post #6 of 9 Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
cj777
1977 CJ7 

I haven't tried them, but the warranty doesn't seem that great since it doesn't cover "Accidents, impact by rocks, trees, obstacles or other aspects of the environment." It seems like most control arm failures would be caused by "aspects of the environment." Also the exclusion for "Normal wear and tear (bushings, tie-rod ends, etc.)" would probably get him out of rebuilding the arms if needed. Full warranty info is here for referecne:
Jeep TJ Control Arms, Tie Rods, and Track Bars

That said, the price is great, and I've heard no bad reviews about the arms, just saying that the warranty wouldn't be my selling point

Wanna cracker?

'74 CJ5
'81 CJ7
'03 TJ
post #7 of 9 Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

iron Man 4x4 uses Currie johnny joints. Looks to me that as long as there welds are good they should be as good as any.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-17-2010, 08:41 PM
srlbotanical

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I pickd up a pair of his rear uppers and I am totally happy with them. Welds are great and they are heavy.

Two Trackers 4WD Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheeling in West Michigan for over 35 years.

HIGHER POWERED!!
post #9 of 9 Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
josephmartins
Long-time Jeep Nut

2001 WJ 

Old thread, but I've been researching Iron Man control arms for my WJ and I saw this particular post and had to comment about unrealistic expectations.

What sort of warranty should a consumer expect from a control arm manufacturer? Frankly, normal wear and tear is never warrantied by a company unless its owners are idiots who don't plan on being in business very long. Bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints and such are known as consumables - component products that are used up and eventually replaced. Short of a manufacturing defect that causes an obvious premature failure, don't expect insurance against normal wear and tear OR eventual failure.

And while "other aspects of the environment" is a bit vague I spoke with Andy recently when I first learned about their products and it seems he's a pretty reasonable guy. If I do something boneheaded that ruins an arm, I'm not going to expect him to give me a replacement at no cost. On the other hand, if I am driving down the highway and one of my arms has a catastrophic failure and I live to call him about it, well maybe he'll give me a replacement set for my next not-totaled Jeep. He seems to want to build solid customer relationships since his sales appear to be mostly from word of mouth and some light advertising.

Having written that, I am planning to give his fixed-length rear LCAs a try later this month and I am hoping to get him to produce a custom rear UCA for us WJ owners too.

Here's to hoping I never have to use the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj777 View Post
I haven't tried them, but the warranty doesn't seem that great since it doesn't cover "Accidents, impact by rocks, trees, obstacles or other aspects of the environment." It seems like most control arm failures would be caused by "aspects of the environment." Also the exclusion for "Normal wear and tear (bushings, tie-rod ends, etc.)" would probably get him out of rebuilding the arms if needed. Full warranty info is here for referecne:
Jeep TJ Control Arms, Tie Rods, and Track Bars

That said, the price is great, and I've heard no bad reviews about the arms, just saying that the warranty wouldn't be my selling point

Kind regards,

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

12 Wrangler Sahara JK8, 01 WJ Limited, 96 XJ Classic, 00 XJ Sport, 90 XJ Wagoneer, 97 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 98 ZJ Limited, 5.2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in