Good price on this TJ? - JeepForum.com
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By TheBoogieman
  • 1 Post By bobjp

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-01-2020, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
JudahMyles

Good price on this TJ?

Hey everyone, Iím looking at getting my next jeep but wanted some help creating a counter offer. Iím looking at a 2001 wrangler Sahara TJ, almost completely stock. This would be my second TJ, I lost my 2004 rubi last winter. This 01 Sahara is in good shape. It has 156000 miles, shifts, breaks and drives well. The 4x4 seemed to work just fine when I shifted into it, but the dash lights didnít come on. Under the hood I couldnít find any leaks, just a crack in the alternator (pictured). There is no serious rust that I have been able to see, just some surface rust on the normal spots of the frame that could be busted off and painted over. It had a frame patch job done on it at some point on the center section, Under the driver and passenger side. The patch job was done well, unfortunately I forgot to take pics of it. I think, The patch job could use some touch up paint soon. There is no body damage, just some peeling clear coat on the passenger fender and a small dent in the back with a very tiny piece of rust. They said itís already passed MD state inspection, which is very stringent. The dealership has it listed for 8.4K. Iím not willing to pay that price. Honestly Iíd like to pay between 5-6k. That seems to be the going rate for good shape 97-01 150k mile Saharas Iíve found on Facebook and Craigslist. How appropriately do you all think this is priced, and how should I bring a counter offer?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-01-2020, 11:33 PM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Pass. Frame was rusted enough to patch some of it and 50/50 chance of the head cracking on 2000-01.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...098012045.html

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...101141912.html
Ironhead and ppine like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes.
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho RS5000X shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
post #3 of 4 Old 04-02-2020, 05:43 AM
bobjp
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It is over priced.

When evaluating rust on a TJ (or any car) you need to be sticking your finger in the torque boxes, frame holes, behind fender liners, etc. No point in listing it all out here. Spend 1 hour researching where TJ's rust, make a list, and then use that list when you go shopping. It is surprising when the body/tub of a TJ looks really clean, but the frame rots out. But it is more than likely you will find rust popping up in all the usual places.

If you shop at dealers you will pay too much. Basic research and private sales will save you a lot of money.
joeyroe likes this.

97 TJ sport.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-07-2020, 10:20 AM
WallyDog1

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
If you shop at dealers you will pay too much.
True...But you have some recourse with a dealer unlike a private sale. If you know what your looking for go private. If you are not sure go dealer. However you probably won't find too many TJ's at a dealer. Do your homework

From the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in