Getting ready to install 3.25" rc lift - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
zjwn2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Getting ready to install 3.25" rc lift

I am going to be installing 3.25" rc lift here in a couple weeks and wanted to know if oh guys had any tips.

I have ready through some threads and it seems some drilled the hole for the track bar some didnt. I think I will just wait on that and if it is needed will just do an adjustable one instead of drilling a hole. I have started spraying everything with on blaster. I have the spring compressor so the springs shouldn't be a problem. I also already have swaybar discounts and tc drop from the bb lift the previous owner installed. So I think install time should go pretty quick.

So if you guys have any tips or see something I am missing let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Trendsetter75

2010 JK Wrangler 

Don't waste your time its a crap setup. The shocks are very rough, and the springs will sag. Upgrade it with Bilstein shocks and OME Springs.

2010 JKU (6-spd)
post #3 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 07:24 PM
JohnW720

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Its a pretty straight forward install if you have all the right tools. you should be fine since you have been soaking everything with pb blaster. this thread should answer any questions you have.
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...s-tips-735174/

post #4 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
zjwn2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have read through that thread several times. I do agree that ome and blistons would have a better ride and had considered that option when this jeep was my DD. I know drive maybe 2000 miles in this a year and most it is just driving on the farm putting up deer stands so I felt like the rc lift was the best bang for the buck and it seemed to have good reviews
post #5 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Trendsetter75

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjwn2 View Post
I have read through that thread several times. I do agree that ome and blistons would have a better ride and had considered that option when this jeep was my DD. I know drive maybe 2000 miles in this a year and most it is just driving on the farm putting up deer stands so I felt like the rc lift was the best bang for the buck and it seemed to have good reviews
Ok its your money!

2010 JKU (6-spd)
post #6 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 10:07 PM
texas-hooligan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed my 2.5" RC lift and so far have no complaints. For sure use the spring compressors! I did not have to mess with the front trac bar but I did install the rear trac bar relocation bracket and it was a major pain because I got the bolt all bound up.

Install the kit and enjoy it. You have to decide for yourself what's in your budget and how to spend your money.

image-259546215.jpg
post #7 of 9 Old 05-26-2012, 10:14 PM
bdrayer
2015 JK Wrangler 

I will just give you fair warning.....I have that same kit, installed it about 2 years ago or so and the springs are sagging and the shocks need to be replaced. I ended up getting it two years ago because I was then in college and was tight for money!

I am currently in the process of replacing the springs and shocks, and I am looking at the currie 3" springs and the rancho 9000 shocks!

Just food for thought. But I won't get anything rough country again after the install on my jeep, my buddy's 99 TJ and my buddy's '00 XJ. The lifts just have not held up and the ride is pretty s****y.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-27-2012, 01:31 AM
_KONG_

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrayer View Post
I will just give you fair warning.....I have that same kit, installed it about 2 years ago or so and the springs are sagging and the shocks need to be replaced. I ended up getting it two years ago because I was then in college and was tight for money!

I am currently in the process of replacing the springs and shocks, and I am looking at the currie 3" springs and the rancho 9000 shocks!

Just food for thought. But I won't get anything rough country again after the install on my jeep, my buddy's 99 TJ and my buddy's '00 XJ. The lifts just have not held up and the ride is pretty s****y.
Pretty much word for word what he said. Shocks and springs need to be replaced. I might keep the rear ones
post #9 of 9 Old 05-27-2012, 02:00 AM
99_TJ_Wyoming
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been running the 3.25" lift for the last 20 months and never had a problem with it, I wheel hard and RC has done exactly what I bought it to do, I am an RC fan now, I just switched to the 4" non-progressive springs, the new 2.0 shocks, steering brace, upper x-flex control arms the coil correction plates, adjustable track bars front and rear, bar pin eliminators, and the belly up skid. Ive been running the 1.25" spacers, 1.25" body lift, the 1" motor mount lift, lower x-flex control arms, and the 3.25" lift, I have obviously had a really great experiance with RC and their products. Anything you want to know about the lift or other RC stuff please feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in