Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 1132 Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
gone-broke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree33 View Post
oh i don't have a problem with it. i only run one sub so it works out good and the front input works out great with the psp seeing how i dont have an ipod
I run my Pandora from my cellphone through the front aux. When I get a call it mutes the radio and sends the call via bluetooth to This which FM modulates through my stereo.. I hope that made sense... Basically I get music and calls through my speakers...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #287 of 1132 Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 AM
dagr8tim
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Very nice. Forgive me for not reading the whole thread. The cluster looks nearly identical to the XJ cluster, so I'm assuming it can be done for an XJ. My question is for the gear light & the light for 4wd in the console. Is it the same bulb?

Jeeping - The art of getting dirty & going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it.

97 XJ SE - The War Wagon
98 TJ SE - Mall Crawler/Light Trail Rig
06 KJ Sport - Basic Transportation
post #288 of 1132 Old 12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
gone-broke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ok got my neo3 and4's in for the hvac and all I can say Is they suck... not bright enough at all... the hvac on a 03 tj uses neo 4's not 5's.

post #289 of 1132 Old 12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
ilovegeeksnj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I love my v-leds cheap 1.50 bulbs- But f!#k them for not replacing the 3 busted broken bulbs I returned!!!
post #290 of 1132 Old 12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
jackattack
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look awsome need to sink with you music
post #291 of 1132 Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
gone-broke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm View Post
I guess your definition of bright enough is vastly different than mine. I dont need my HVAC to light up the inside of my Jeep. Mine are plenty bright for me. I fixed my post listing what bulbs I used to show the Neo4's for the HVAC since 03-06 use the same type. I used all three types when I did my conversion so probably just confused which ones I used in the HVAC.
LOL, by not bright enough I mean not enough light shining through to light up the little pics at all.. I am going to purchase more of them, just the higher output ones. That would be 6 lumen vs. 2 lumen.

This is from 12" away...

Last edited by gone-broke; 12-23-2009 at 11:41 PM.
post #292 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 08:25 AM
incagoldjeep

ok so i did the gauge cluster and the auto shift lights to led and i bought the same bulb as the gauge cluster thinking that it would fit but it doesnt. so here is my question, what is the bulb i need for my 2003 wrangler hvac controls? also a link to v-leds.com would be very helpful. andother thing is i wanna change the light for the overdrive button, what size are those? also a link to v-leds.com would be good. and the color is amber. thanks
post #293 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 08:51 AM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by incagoldjeep View Post
ok so i did the gauge cluster and the auto shift lights to led and i bought the same bulb as the gauge cluster thinking that it would fit but it doesnt. so here is my question, what is the bulb i need for my 2003 wrangler hvac controls? also a link to v-leds.com would be very helpful. andother thing is i wanna change the light for the overdrive button, what size are those? also a link to v-leds.com would be good. and the color is amber. thanks
I can tell you that the HVAC controls for my '03 were Neo4
The OD, rear wiper, & rear defrost buttons are also Neo4
The "indicators" on the top of the rear defrost and OD buttons are Neo3, but the lens itself is amber so you can't really change the color of that.

No link to v-leds, I got mine from superbrightleds.com

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your shaft isn't long enough to handle that kind of droop...
2003 TJ Rubicon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 JKU Rubicon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #294 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 AM
incagoldjeep

i want the lights to be amber so the lens part wont matter for the OD but the OD light is neo 3 and the hvac is neo 4. how much would i need to get of each?
post #295 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 AM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i want the lights to be amber so the lens part wont matter for the OD but the OD light is neo 3 and the hvac is neo 4. how much would i need to get of each?
Nope, OD light is Neo4. It's on the bottom of the switch when you pull it out. The Neo3s were only for the little indicators on top of the switches. For the HVAC I can't remember how many were in there. However, it's somewhere in this thread-someone even took a pic of the back of the HVAC dials that shows where the bulbs go.

This is how my HVAC & Rocker switches turned out:

HVAC & Rocker Switches:

EDIT: Here you go. Looks like 3 bulbs for the HVAC. That sounds right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregun View Post
Leprachaun , since you just had it apart, how many bulbs are needed behind the HVAC, If you don't have the switches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
it takes 3 if you have knobs, two if you have sliders

Quote:
2003 TJ Rubicon:

2017 JKU Rubicon:

Last edited by RubiconRazorbac; 12-24-2009 at 09:39 AM.
post #296 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM
incagoldjeep

so there isnt this green film behind it that will change the color of the led? also where did u order ur lights from? any link?
also i wanna do the under dash lights and the soundbar lights. any info on those?
post #297 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
RPDjeep

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just did this the other day, I also replaced the transmission indicator bulb. Had to reorder the bulbs for HVAC. I really like the look of it, I used blue led's.

'14 White Unlimited Freedom Edition:

Previous:
'06 White TJ Sport, '05 KJ Liberty, '91 XJ
1*
post #298 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Rockpile

1994 ZJ 

pics of the blue?

post #299 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 11:52 AM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so there isnt this green film behind it that will change the color of the led? also where did u order ur lights from? any link?
also i wanna do the under dash lights and the soundbar lights. any info on those?
You can see how mine turned out with the blue lights. There's several examples in this thread of how other colors have worked.

I ordered from SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home

The under dash and soundbar info. are in this thread as well. The bulbs for the "courtesy lights" under the dash are the same as the ones in the auto tranny select light.

Good Luck

Quote:
2003 TJ Rubicon:

2017 JKU Rubicon:
post #300 of 1132 Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 PM
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

very nice cheap and easy mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in