fuel pump fuse - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-24-2021, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Ttim
2000 WJ 

Garage
fuel pump fuse

i have zero experience with electrical so this is really bugging me.
06 rubicon unlimited, having a fuel pump fuse issue. basically every time i turn on the ignition, the fuse blows. dont have to crank it, just power on and pop. i didnt realize the issue was with the fuse, my fault for trusting someone else, but i did drop the tank and replace the fuel pump, not that it makes a difference.
seems all the local mechanics are busy for a few weeks so im kinda stuck trying to figure this one out alone. any starting ideas anyone might have would be appreciated!

along those same lines, anyone know an idiots guide to auto electrical systems i could look into?

99 4.7 wj with 6.5 IRO kit, lots more incoming
06 lj rubicon, complete rokmen everything setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-24-2021, 09:19 PM
Rubi4MyMrs

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Which fuse is blowing?
post #3 of 7 Old 09-26-2021, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Ttim
2000 WJ 

Garage
Thank you for reply and sorry, work has me bustin my butt like crazy, didn't see the reply

I think I remember it's fuse 19, under the hood. The number may be wrong, but it is absolutely labelled as fuel pump either way. And it isn't the relay, I've changed those and moved them around to make sure there isn't a connection.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-26-2021, 08:32 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

If the fuse is blowing, since you have a new fuel pump, suspect fuel pump wiring issues.

A genuine Jeep Factory Service manual is worth the price many times over.

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution” Abraham Lincoln, 1859.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-26-2021, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Ttim
2000 WJ 

Garage
I'm sure it's in the wiring harness. My issue is I'm putting it up for sale as soon as I make it whole again, (changing rides to a lifted grand Cherokee) and finding a FSM out here is sometimes a pain, and expensive, and I will only use it once.
Anyway, this is probably one of those issues for a shop to handle for me. (Yes it will also be a pain, and expensive..I get it. Catch 22 right now)

post #6 of 7 Old 09-26-2021, 01:09 PM
Rubi4MyMrs

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It looks like fuse 23. All you can tell is that the short is between the relay & the pump since it blows the fuse only after turning the ignition switch on which closes the relay connecting f 23 to the pump.

It is hard to speculate where the short is most likely to happen. If you dropped the tank before the blowing fuse problem you would have to start there. If not until after then known problem areas are under the PDC from corrosion & also where the harness passes near the battery where acid can cause damage to the wires. After that you can get damage anywhere it travels on the underside where road damage is possible or even if it is near the exhaust you might get melted insulation. Just start with careful visual inspection. The wire for the FP is orange with red tracer.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-27-2021, 06:11 PM
rcroane
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttim View Post
I'm sure it's in the wiring harness. My issue is I'm putting it up for sale as soon as I make it whole again, (changing rides to a lifted grand Cherokee) and finding a FSM out here is sometimes a pain, and expensive, and I will only use it once.
Anyway, this is probably one of those issues for a shop to handle for me. (Yes it will also be a pain, and expensive..I get it. Catch 22 right now)
Links to FSM's

https://***************.com/threads/...entation.4618/

EDIT: Sorry, I don't think I can link to a competing Wrangler forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in