1Likes
  • 1 Post By mukluk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Front upper frame sway bar nut spinning. Help

Ok here it goes. My first real issue with the TJ. Im dealing with installing a front bumper on the TJ. I start to try and remove the bolts and 1 of the 2 for the sway bar mounts way up inside the frame on each side are spinning. I am installing a currie antirock so I though I was ok....I can use a cut off wheel and get the bolt off but after playing around I found out I need those mount points for a new bumper!

Has anyone dealt with this? They are way too far back in the frame to weld and they are an important mount point for the arb bumper bracket.

Fault codes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mean Max pics of everything:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 01:02 AM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

There's a slotted hole in the outboard side of the frame almost directly under your front sway bar mount. Just checked on my LJ for ease of access and can quite easily touch both fasteners; I have confidence I could get a wrench or ratchet on either if I had to. Remove your spinning bolt however you need to, then install a nut through the frame slot.
Que89YJ likes this.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #3 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I'll check it out this afternoon. Really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fault codes:

Mean Max pics of everything:

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in