Finally making some moves. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
supdudelater
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Finally making some moves.

Hey guys,
After months of doing my homework, weighing options and trying to save some money i think its time to start moving forward. Just a few small things i want to get an opinion or two on. im gonna go with the 31x10.5/15 definity dakota m/t's.they seem like a good value. ill run them stock just until it gets warmer then do a 2" bb. a little bit concerned about my front coil springs being tired (175k). front end doesnt look like it sits as high at some stock tjs ive seen. started thinking about the fat bobs coil 2" coil lift? or maybe a 2.5" bb? Not interested in a full blown short arm kit. (server/bartender budget).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-04-2015, 10:11 AM
norville

2008 JK Wrangler 

I would suggest new springs over the budget boost, I've had both and always moved from the BB to a spring. If you're on a tight budget you can look around for a used kit or there are some junkyard spring swaps that give a small lift... search the board.

You should not need control arms ect. with less than 3" you may have to drop the trans case to stop some rear end vibes(use washers for cheap fix) and the front will need a toe alignment. Again you can use a tape measure , a jack , pair of jack stands, 4 pinchy clamps two pieces of 1/2" angle iron 30" or longer and a pipe wrench to reset toe. 1/8" to 1/16" in on the front.

rollin' in the slow lane

thanks

bob
post #3 of 4 Old 02-04-2015, 01:45 PM
gsindela
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How much are the Dakotas?

post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Kostakigogos
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why not do a one inch body lift. Then put some junkyard springs in there. I believe JK springs can be made to work easily, and I bet guys are pretty much giving them away.

Tags
31s , advice , budget boost , lift , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in