Couple of easy questions from a TJ newb. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Dragbeoch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
To keep from hi-jacking this thread, start a new thread and we can beat this subject to death....

Oops !! My bad !!!! I thought I was starting a new thread. not sure how this happened. No jacking intended!!! I will remove.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 09-22-2009, 11:14 PM
bry71518
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
I will soon be getting a 2003 TJ SE and I have a few quick Q's I was hoping someone could just knock out for me:
  1. Will 31x10.50 tires fit with no lift without rubbing unless the swaybar is disconnected? Will I need wheel spacers?
  2. Will 31x10.50 tires mount on the stock rims?
  3. Is the 'average' size lift for 31" tires about 2"?
  4. Also my wife wants to know if she'll look hot driving it...

We're both really excited to get a TJ, so thanks in advance guys!
I have 31x10.5x15's were on stock rims (now not) with no lift. NO rubbing at all. I just changed the steering lock by turning the bolts out a bit.

oh and yeah - she'll look hot...
B
post #18 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 AM
little_Jeep

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragbeoch View Post
Oops !! My bad !!!! I thought I was starting a new thread. not sure how this happened. No jacking intended!!! I will remove.

Not a problem, just start a new thread and we can discuss your questions until the cows come home

post #19 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 05:54 AM
stadleroux

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, can't attend to your questions right now - I'm looking at post #7...!
post #20 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 06:00 AM
little_Jeep

1998 TJ Wrangler 

for the lazy........ here is post #7

post #21 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 AM
stadleroux

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yikes, there she is again! And just as I thought I had managed to close this thread too!

Seriously, DeepSky, that pic belongs in some Jeep promo brochure or something! The Jeeps would fly out the door faster than the dealers could order them, imo!
post #22 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
DeepSky

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
Yikes, there she is again! And just as I thought I had managed to close this thread too!

Seriously, DeepSky, that pic belongs in some Jeep promo brochure or something! The Jeeps would fly out the door faster than the dealers could order them, imo!
haha, thanks man, I'll relay your message to her, I'm sure she'll be flattered...

I thought of one more question I meant to ask last night. Is there any additional modification needed for just 2-2.5" of lift? Driveshafts, brake line extensions, etc?
post #23 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 AM
TimBrown
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You do not need lift to run 31's but i personally think the jeep looks really good with two inches of lift and 31's. That is how mine was initially setup before i started building it for the 33's.
post #24 of 24 Old 09-23-2009, 07:45 AM
stadleroux

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
haha, thanks man, I'll relay your message to her, I'm sure she'll be flattered...

I thought of one more question I meant to ask last night. Is there any additional modification needed for just 2-2.5" of lift? Driveshafts, brake line extensions, etc?
You're welcome...

No, apparently nothing else should be necessary, but as the guys say, every Heep is different! I have a Rough Country 2.5" lift without anything else and without any issues whatsoever.

Almost started panicking on my way home from a rather muddy day of wheeling two weekends ago when I picked up this horrible vibe through my steering at about 55 to 65 mph. It was too good to be true, I thought, here are the driveline vibes everyone's talking about, so I'll have to drop my transfer case skid after all... Then I remembered all the mud that I'd seen stuck in the groove inside my rims! Removed big chunks of it the next day and everything was fine again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in