Control Arms - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-02-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
zeewafflezman
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Control Arms

Hi everyone, i bought my 2003 jeep wrangler about a year and a half ago, and i need to replace the control arms. But i've never owned a jeep before this so i need help. i have about 3.5 inches of lift on it (put on by previous owner so i don't really know anything about it) does the lift affect the control arms? if so any recommendations on what size/brand of control arms i should get?

Hopefully the pictures help

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-02-2019, 02:12 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any of the adjustable options that use real Johnny Joints. Double adjustable nice to have also.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have been running RC Flex control arms for almost 6 years and I am happy with them.

01 TJ,33X12.5Flaken WP ATs,Winch, ARBs F&R, belly up, some armor,4.0,5spd

post #4 of 6 Old 04-02-2019, 06:27 PM
SeanCucf

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Having whatever brand you choose be double adjustable is VERY nice. I have Metalcloak, but have only had them a short time, so I don’t have an opinion on them yet. Any other arms using Johnny joints are highly spoken of. Currie and Savvy are a couple brands popular here.

Double adjustable means you don’t have to unbolt the arm from the mounts to adjust them. Simply break the jam nuts loose and twist the body of the control arm in the desired direction. SO nice and worth the premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 Old 04-02-2019, 11:38 PM
astjp2
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Core 4x4 just built me a set of custom arms so I can use the synergy dual durometer bushings. Price was right and they are made in the USA.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0290.jpg   IMG_0287.jpg  
Attached Images

post #6 of 6 Old 04-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Kolak
Vendor

You mentioned you need to replace the control arms. Looks like the lowers are aftermarket arms. Are the bushings/joints worn out? If so, you should just be able to replace the bushings/joints rather than the entire arms, assuming there's not another reason you need to replace them.

What issues are you having? Did they just begin recently?

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
control arm , control arm length , lift advice. , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in