Concealed Weapon Center Console Mod - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
bligon64

1974 CJ5 

lol wow didnt mean to beat a dead horse i guess people wrote that at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM
tangotag
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why not consider the under driver's seat drawer option from Tuffy?
I have access to all the fabrication equipment and still couldn't make one for the price I paid.
Depending on your drivers seat you could get one this deep.
post #18 of 23 Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
OldGloryLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubbe View Post
Concealing your fire arm is a no no where I live. I wish I could mount my glock 19 holster to my the side of my consol but CA has retarded gun laws.
The gun box idea is perfectly legal in CA. The holster idea is ok too... as long as the Glock is not in it. From CA DOJ website:

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

post #19 of 23 Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM
AddictedToJeeps
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGloryLJ View Post
The gun box idea is perfectly legal in CA. The holster idea is ok too... as long as the Glock is not in it. From CA DOJ website:

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.
post #20 of 23 Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 PM
BleepinJeep

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bligon64 View Post
There are certain places that you can not carry a gun, such as on school property, so in that instance it would be necessary to lock your gun up and leave it in the car.

Atleast in GA
Just remember that most places where it is illegal to carry a gun also pertains to the entire property, meaning if you go to a school or a government building, public park... It is illegal to even take the weapon into the parking lot.

Website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- The Best Offroad Videos of Youtube with None of the Boring Stuff!
You Tube -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Awesome Jeep Related How-To Videos in HD.

A wise man once told me, "I am going to give you some advice; you can take it or leave it, but keep in mind that it is worth exactly what you paid for it"
post #21 of 23 Old 02-10-2013, 11:07 PM
BYuen

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleepinJeep View Post
Just remember that most places where it is illegal to carry a gun also pertains to the entire property, meaning if you go to a school or a government building, public park... It is illegal to even take the weapon into the parking lot.
All depends on your state's laws. For example if you have a CCW permit, I know in VA it is legal to have a firearm in your car at any K-12 school. It is also legal by state law to conceal carry on the University of Virginia's campus, though if you are a student or faculty the school can sanction you since it is against their policy, but it is still legal.

2001 White TJ Sport
2013 Black JKU Rubicon 10A
post #22 of 23 Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Xtremegameroom

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubbe View Post
Concealing your fire arm is a no no where I live. I wish I could mount my glock 19 holster to my the side of my consol but CA has retarded gun laws.
You can conceal in your vehicle in CA. Has to be locked up as shown and the magazine can not be in the weapon. Check Calguns.net for any california related gun questions and answers
post #23 of 23 Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
twhditto

2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you happen to be on a property that does not allow even concealed in the parking lot in Arkansas, if you disassemble the slide from the gun body (if you are using a semi) and keep it separate, it is considered "gun parts." I have a CB under the driver's seat, and will have to measure the passenger's side for height. I like that Tuffy, and might be the better option. I was just thinking about all that wasted space where the subwoofer is...

2003 Rubicon, stock - but building - slowly... in Van Buren, AR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in