Center console differences? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By WSS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-10-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
daredevil95

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Center console differences?

Hi, I have a 2000 TJ with a half center console, I bought a 2005ish full center console and the half console on my jeep has a airbag key and the new/used console I bought has a thin slot where the AB key should go, I was thinking of mounting the key switch under the console and run the full console as is. I paid $60 bucks for this console which is a heck of a lot cheaper then the correct console that most people want $150 to $300+. So, i'll make it work. Are there any other differences I should know? It looks like a pretty straight forward drop it in deal but, I've been wrong before plus, I have to paint it tan. Any advice?

Attached Thumbnails
jeep half console.jpg   032.jpg   033.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 AM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil95 View Post
Hi, I have a 2000 TJ with a half center console, I have to paint it tan. Any advice?
Yes, pay for shipping and you can have my tan full console out my 00 TJ. It is in "good" shape by my gauge. I can post some pics if you like. I swapped in a Tuffy full stereo console when I did the twin stick atlas swap.

WSS

Here is only pic I can find right now

mukluk and underscore like this.

The family TJ build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

non stock CJ's:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My CJ5 Build:

post #3 of 11 Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
daredevil95

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Yes, pay for shipping and you can have my tan full console out my 00 TJ. It is in "good" shape by my gauge. I can post some pics if you like. I swapped in a Tuffy full stereo console when I did the twin stick atlas swap.

WSS

Thank you, I appreciate your offer. I'm gonna stick with my console for now, I already painted it with SEM Camel and it looks pretty good. I'll place the air bag key switch under the console, I never turned one of those AB keys off so, nothing to worry about. The paint is super nice, I'm gonna paint the door panels and dash, I bought 3 cans so, I have plenty. Thanks again for the generous offer.
Attached Thumbnails
007.jpg   008.jpg   004.jpg  

post #4 of 11 Old 06-12-2019, 11:21 PM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

No problem! I tucked my airbag panel away too. I used the area for a 12v plug and a dual smart USB charger.

Looks good. Nice and fresh!

WSS

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #5 of 11 Old 06-13-2019, 05:58 AM
Bayou

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Paint looks good. Did you use SEM color 5020? I need to paint my door panels and airbag but have been concerned about matching the rest of the dash on my 2002 with camel interior.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 AM
Goatman#1

Can you still get replacement door panels? Or is a paint job the only option?
post #7 of 11 Old 06-13-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
daredevil95

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I used SEM 15173 Camel color paint & Dupli Color Plastic Adhesion Promotor as the primer and it worked well. I also sprayed the shifter bezel black using Dupli color vinyl & fabric paint....that's a;; I had and it worked good plus, the bezel is easy to pull off and paint in the future if need be.I originally bought the black to spray the oem roll bar pads and it worked good. I'm gonna spray the dash and door panels this weekend. As far as buying new door panels, my Jeep is worthy of paint which works very good and will last many years, new panels are expnsive and this is not a restored to new project so, not worth wasting the money....it won't matter.
Attached Thumbnails
006.jpg   002.jpg   005.jpg  
post #8 of 11 Old 06-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Bayou

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is the 15173 a custom color? Did you pay to have it mixed and put in an aerosol? How well did it match the rest of the interior?I believe the 2000 interior plastic color is the same for my 2002. Sorry so many questions...
post #9 of 11 Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
daredevil95

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou View Post
Is the 15173 a custom color? Did you pay to have it mixed and put in an aerosol? How well did it match the rest of the interior?I believe the 2000 interior plastic color is the same for my 2002. Sorry so many questions...
I bought this paint from Amazon with no special instructions. It appears a little darker then my stock jeep interior but, my interior is sun faded plus, I plan on painting both door panels & dash so, it will work out for me. I like the color but, that is subjective so, I'll take pictures and post. I plan on painting both door panels this weekend and the dash sometime during the week. The paint seems to be high quality.
Attached Thumbnails
camel paint.jpg  
post #10 of 11 Old 06-19-2019, 09:09 PM
djsp00kyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post

WSS

I'll pay for shipping if you still have the console.. I've been looking for a tan full center console.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
post #11 of 11 Old 06-19-2019, 09:30 PM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsp00kyk View Post
I'll pay for shipping if you still have the console.. I've been looking for a tan full center console.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
PM me. I still have it.

WSS

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in