Can I run IGGEE's without the OEM Seat Covers? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-12-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
cmorra68
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can I run IGGEE's without the OEM Seat Covers?

I have searched and was unable to find the answer so here goes:

My '05 OEM seat covers are pretty worn and falling apart. I know finding new OEMs is near impossible so I purchased a set of IGGEE seat covers

My question is, can I remove and discard the OEM seat covers and just install the new IGGEE'S over the foam without issue or do I need to run both to protect the IGGEEs from premature wear or another reason?

Any help is greatly appreciate

Awesome!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-14-2019, 09:34 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Might be worthwhile to pose your question to the seat cover manufacturer.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #3 of 4 Old 11-15-2019, 12:49 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The new seat covers can't attach like the factory fabric. Put them over the old seats or find some new seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ / 5.5" lift / Rancho shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18

post #4 of 4 Old 11-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Bigbob

I put Iggees on my '06 LJ. The factory seat covers were in fair shape. The fit was great on the Iggees. They are meant to go over the factory stuff. I had a '08 RAM 1500 with the factory drivers seat cover about completely torn up. On that truck I removed the factory seat cover and sewed some fabric over the rips and tears. I had to put new foam on the seat bottom which was easy them put the sewed up cover back on and installed the seat cover.

More than likely if your factory cover is gone your foam is probably bad as well.

BTW, the iggees are very nice covers. They can stain easy though. The fit and finish on them is very good.

2006 Solar Yellow Rubicon Unlimited
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in