Can I replace this plug for the fuel pump? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonny Jeep
  • 1 Post By PurpleTJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-26-2021, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
PurpleTJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Can I replace this plug for the fuel pump?

I need to fix some wiring and I'm not sure where to start looking for this plug. Where the fuel pump plugs into the wiring harness, right above the gas tank on the driver's side, I need to replace that plug, but only the connection on the Jeep side, not the fuel pump side. I found a damaged wire, just an inch away from the plug. Not enough slack to splice it. Can I buy just this piece somewhere? Scrap yards are out of the question, TJ's can't be found there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDustMan View Post
I took a poo once, and when I stood up, there was nothing in the toilet. I was positively terrified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-26-2021, 07:00 PM
TJ4Jim
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
I need to fix some wiring and I'm not sure where to start looking for this plug. Where the fuel pump plugs into the wiring harness, right above the gas tank on the driver's side, I need to replace that plug, but only the connection on the Jeep side, not the fuel pump side. I found a damaged wire, just an inch away from the plug. Not enough slack to splice it. Can I buy just this piece somewhere? Scrap yards are out of the question, TJ's can't be found there.
Same issue on my 99, I cut the connector off the harness and on the bench I was able to de-pin the connector and salvage the pins, that was 2015 and still good today.

If you come to a fork in the road take it.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-27-2021, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
PurpleTJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm realizing now that I could just jump the wire over the plug. Is that safe to do with the ground wire? I'm an electrical noob

Quote:
I took a poo once, and when I stood up, there was nothing in the toilet. I was positively terrified.
Quote:
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-27-2021, 04:37 AM
rcroane
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Did you try Davey's Jeeps?
post #5 of 8 Old 07-27-2021, 05:26 AM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
I'm realizing now that I could just jump the wire over the plug. Is that safe to do with the ground wire?
Yes, just do it securely. And securely wrap black electrical tape around the splice(s).

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-27-2021, 11:14 AM
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I replaced the loom side connector after having problems with it after changing my fuel pump. I can't remember where I got mine from (ebay maybe) but the part number is 5013984AA

Don't worry too much about any descriptions you find as it's used on multiple vehicles for multiple locations. The part number is the important bit.

Here's one, only $10
https://www.ebay.com/itm/33315067269...evt=1&mkcid=28
Jerry Bransford likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-27-2021, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
PurpleTJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Quote:
Quote:

post #8 of 8 Old 07-28-2021, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
PurpleTJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spliced the wire, dropped in a new battery... Jeep starts for the first time in 2 years. Pulled out of the garage.... dumping brake fluid. Driver's side rear brake line is rotted out by the frame rail. Time to start yet another rusty, expensive adventure on this Heep
Jerry Bransford likes this.

Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in