Boosted Tech - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 07-26-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
JPPCAR

1979 CJ7 

Boosted Tech

If you have purchased a Supercharger for your TJ/LJ 4.0 from Boosted Tech in the last 6 months can you please answer the following questions? Thank you

How long did it Take for you to get the finished product?

What Spark Plugs did you use?

What Injectors did you use?

Are you happy with the Gains?

How Many MPG did you loose?

Did you have to make a lot of adjustments to the Tuning?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-27-2019, 06:00 AM
williambmac

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have you already placed an order with them? I had considered installing one based on some reviews but held off for several reasons.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 4" Clayton long arm
35" Mickey Thompsons, lots of stuff
Black Magic Big brake kit
post #3 of 25 Old 07-27-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
JPPCAR

1979 CJ7 

Yes I have placed an order with them and will provide feedback once it is installed. What I can say is that Mark has beed very helpfull answering questions. From what I can tell these kits are made to order and the lead time will vary based on how many are before you.

post #4 of 25 Old 07-28-2019, 10:30 AM
gsindela
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Don't forget the Banks Turbo is about the same price. I've yet to see any good information as to which is the better kit.
post #5 of 25 Old 07-29-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
JPPCAR

1979 CJ7 

Drove one with the Banks kit and I did not like the performance. Plus its is a Turbo, I prefer Superchargers.
Mud Machine and gsindela like this.
post #6 of 25 Old 07-29-2019, 02:04 PM
gsindela
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPCAR View Post
Drove one with the Banks kit and I did not like the performance. Plus its is a Turbo, I prefer Superchargers.
What about the performance did you not like? Lag?
post #7 of 25 Old 07-29-2019, 02:42 PM
TJTurbo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I had to do it all over again I would go with the super charger...only because of my 42RLE auto with proper 4.88 gearing for 32" tires. There is still a lot of "lugging/boosting" going on when in OD. On the other hand with OD off I can pull mountain grades with ease with the Banks kit. There is no turbo lag.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
gsindela likes this.
post #8 of 25 Old 07-30-2019, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
JPPCAR

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsindela View Post
What about the performance did you not like? Lag?
It just did not feel consistent. When I drove a Supercharged 4.0L it felt for consistent.
gsindela likes this.
post #9 of 25 Old 07-30-2019, 09:14 AM
arg0413

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a supercharger, but it's not a Boosted Tech kit. I can tell you I LOVE it and can answer a couple of your questions:

How long did it Take for you to get the finished product? Pretty easy and straight forward to install. Could knock it out in a weekend no problem

What Spark Plugs did you use? NGKBKR7E

What Injectors did you use? Ford Cobra 39/lb

Are you happy with the Gains? Absolutely! Night and day difference!

How Many MPG did you loose? I've never tracked my MPG, but it likes the gas lol

Did you have to make a lot of adjustments to the Tuning? I didn't you the SS piggy back that Boosted Tech uses, I had FRP tune my factory PCM. Took 8 revisions to get it perfect
Mud Machine likes this.

Supercharged 4.0 Rubicon build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 25 Old 09-18-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
JPPCAR

1979 CJ7 

For those that are interested here is a an update on the Boosted Tech Supercharger review. Is has been a couple of weeks since the installation and tune has been completed. There is a significant performance increase in my LJR. It is very important that you are geared properly first before you do any kind of Boost upgrade to take full advantage of the gains or you are just wasting your money. When driving on the highway I am not able to accelerate and keep up with traffic instead of having to pull over because I am the cause of the backup in the left lane. I am not going to win any races but makes the Jeep way more drivable on the Hwy. The Boost is nice and gradual and you can definitely feel the JEEP start to pull when in Boost. I am getting a Maximum of 6lbs of boost. My gas milage is about the same but it really depends on how you drive. The first week you will want to have fun and keep boosting when you can because it is Fun and new.

My setup

Gears - 4.56
Actual tire size 33.4" 28psi
Transmission - 6sp
Fuel - 93
milage on 4.0 - 99,300

Was the money worth it? YES it was but it all depends on what you want.
gsindela likes this.
post #11 of 25 Old 09-18-2019, 08:01 AM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

How easy was the install?

If you don't mind, how much do you estimate it cost you in the end?

Thanks for the update!
Quote:
For those that are interested here is a an update on the Boosted Tech Supercharger review. Is has been a couple of weeks since the installation and tune has been completed. There is a significant performance increase in my LJR. It is very important that you are geared properly first before you do any kind of Boost upgrade to take full advantage of the gains or you are just wasting your money. When driving on the highway I am not able to accelerate and keep up with traffic instead of having to pull over because I am the cause of the backup in the left lane. I am not going to win any races but makes the Jeep way more drivable on the Hwy. The Boost is nice and gradual and you can definitely feel the JEEP start to pull when in Boost. I am getting a Maximum of 6lbs of boost. My gas milage is about the same but it really depends on how you drive. The first week you will want to have fun and keep boosting when you can because it is Fun and new.

My setup

Gears - 4.56

Actual tire size 33.4" 28psi

Transmission - 6sp

Fuel - 93

milage on 4.0 - 99,300

Was the money worth it? YES it was but it all depends on what you want.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
gsindela likes this.

2005 TJ X: MC 3.5" lift, 33"x12.5" tires, 1.25" Zone body lift, Curry Antirock sway bar.
post #12 of 25 Old 09-18-2019, 05:19 PM
mherriman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do you think it stresses the lower end of motor more?
post #13 of 25 Old 09-18-2019, 07:45 PM
Pine_Cat
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTurbo View Post
There is still a lot of "lugging/boosting" going on when in OD. There is no turbo lag.
Give yourself a break - low RPM boost is what most want from FI so it sounds like you got a great result

Auto trannies don't lug, their programming won't allow it - you got a great result

2017 JK Sahara (my Smartcar)
2011 KK Liberty (H&R lift springs, OldManEmu shocks/struts, skinny 32)
2009 Kia Sorento (H&R springs, ToyTec strut spacers, OldManEmu shocks/struts, skinny 31)
2006 TJ budget LCG prerunner (see profile)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer (EXT lift, Nth LJ 4.5" springs + Monroe rear coilovers, skinny 32)
1998 Dodge Durango (SuspMax & Roadmaster lifts, rear Truetrac, skinny 32)
post #14 of 25 Old 09-19-2019, 12:59 AM
TJTurbo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine_Cat View Post
Give yourself a break - low RPM boost is what most want from FI so it sounds like you got a great result

Auto trannies don't lug, their programming won't allow it - you got a great result
There are certain driving conditions where you feel like the 42RLE should either downshift from OD or not upshift to OD. The programming forces the transmission to OD. This "load" condition creates excessively high IATs and strain on the cooling system with a turbo. In about 2 weeks (vac time from work) with the help of another forum member I'm going to modify the shift points using HP Tuners. If I get good results I'll make a how to modify '05-'06 shift parameters post.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
07wurubi likes this.
post #15 of 25 Old 09-19-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
JPPCAR

1979 CJ7 

My shop that did the install said that it was a relatively install and the kit was very well thought out. Bending the AC tubes took some time to make sure they did not crack. We also did not care for the intake that came with the kit and designed our own.

As for the price of the kit it starts at $3295. Now if you are goin to purchase other items like an AFR (must have) and Boost (optional) gauge, HP Tuner,etc it will cost you more. I sourced my gauges from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrugger View Post
How easy was the install?

If you don't mind, how much do you estimate it cost you in the end?

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in