Body Lift bushings - how necessary are they? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-09-2020, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
joshuar98

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Body Lift bushings - how necessary are they?

I know this question is probably incredibly naive, but, a few weeks ago I put on a body lift and suspension lift on my TJ.

Im going on a trip to Oklahoma in a couple days so I thought Id change my oil... when I got down under the jeep I noticed one of my body mount bushings had compressed too much and ripped off.

That was the driver side forwardmost body mount. On the passenger side forwardmost, the nut inside the tub stripped out so I have just been holding it up with some tape until I can find someone whos willing to cut my frame / tub and weld a new nut onto the back of it.

I guess my question is- am I okay to drive on some light trails for a couple days? Or would it just be better to wait to take the jeep out until I get those two things fixed?

....___
[]/__|o\___
..-(o)-----(o)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-09-2020, 11:55 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
GOT IT BACK 6/17. 03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with 4" lift coils up front/Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-21-2020, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
joshuar98

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I wouldn't myself.
I assume that if I'm replacing one bushing, I should go ahead and replace all of them?

If that's the case, would you have a set you'd recommend? This looks like the kit installed by the previous owner.

Cheers

**EDIT

After looking at the kit and some videos on youtube, I might've installed the bushings on upside down? I installed these the way the previous owner had... it makes sense that the more direct pressure from a body lift spacer would pinch the soft bushing against the hard middle shaft coming from underneath.... $#(%([email protected]

....___
[]/__|o\___
..-(o)-----(o)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in