Bestop seats - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Pipebndr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop seats

Purchased a pair of Bestop TrailMax™ II Pro seats from Quadratec. Good,Comfortable seat for short people. There is a flaw in them that will not allow the seat to slide back in the full rear position. The new style back support release lever cover hits the roll bar. Talked to Chrystal at Bestop and she stated that because the seats are a little wider and the seat is a universal seat adapted for the TJ, this caused the issue. Bestop has no answer for this issue at this time. I suggested taking off the plastic cover, and then install there seat covers over the new seats and she stated that there seat covers don't fit there seats only factory Jeep seats do to there seats are wider than factory. So if you are looking at new seats beware that the reclining control hits the roll bar when the protective cover is installed on the seats, so if your not to long legged there a good seat option.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Maxxram

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ran into a similar problem when I installed the bestop seats in my wifes old YJ. The seats are slightly wider and also they are taller. For me being 6'7" it made driving her YJ a real pain. On both our current TJ's instead of replacing the seats we opted for the iggee seat covers. They fit nice and tight and look like a replacement seat. Also couldn't beat the price. Got two complete sets for front and rear seats shipped for around $240.00.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM
bdevr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can you switch the seats so that the handles are on the inside? Sounds like a stupid question, but thats exactly what I had to do with my XJ seat conversion...

post #4 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Pipebndr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No , they hit console. This is a new designed recling mechanism that allows the seats to function like factory seats
post #5 of 6 Old 02-25-2009, 02:40 PM
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

2015 JK Wrangler 

I installed them on my TJ last week and had no issues? Hmmm... Which ones did you guys get? I had the Trailmax Thermal Pro Vinyl's.

-Rick R
-2015 JKU - 3.5" JKS JSPEC Kontrol, 315/70R17" MTZ's, 17x9" Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme's, JCR bumpers & skids, JW Speaker tails, Dirty Dog netting/screens, Quadratec Auto Mirror Movers, etc
-03 VW Golf TDI - Diesel
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-FDNY 9/11/01 - All gave some. Some gave all.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 PM
cyclejeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm looking at the Trailmax II's for my LJ. Do they fold forward like the stock seats for rear seat access? If so, is it comparable folding to the oem seats? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in