bad vibes after offroading/ could use advice on skid plate and SYE - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
thelazerviking
2001 XJ Cherokee 

bad vibes after offroading/ could use advice on skid plate and SYE

I have 32s a 2 inch lift and 1 inch transfer case drop. that's how i bought it.

There are a few questions in the following regarding skid plates, SYEs, and TC lifts

Today i bottomed out and smooshed up my TC skid plate. I'm getting bad vibes post-smoosh. I even even feel it shaking while idle and not moving but i think that's a different problem. While moving, is this possibly becasue it raised the TC and the pinion angle is off with the driveshaft? will getting a SYE and CV solve this (I'll also be building a new custom skid this week but will the SYE solve the vibes regardless? can i undo the 1" TC drop with a SYE to get more ground clearance post new skid plate? I don't really want to lift the jeep much more, just get ground clearance. i'm not too keen on the idea of a motor mount lift or a body lift over 1". I like haveing a good center of gravity. I drive it like a sports car in the curves and i'd liek to continue doing so. best ways to get ground clearance? any kind of other suggestions- I'm into it

have a good night,
thanks a lot
james

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM
silvergreentj

2007 JK Wrangler 

possibly, check your tranny mount for compression...until i read about your smash, i was thinking you didnt clean the inside of your wheels and the mud/gunk was causing an imbalance.

good luck

Slow Life-02TJ-35 Trepadors
98TJ-33 Mtzs

Low Life-87 slammed e30
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
thelazerviking
2001 XJ Cherokee 

if i do a 1" motor mount lift and a 1"body lift and a SYE and put the skid plate back at stock height will that be okay untill i cna build a new plate? it's smashed up probably 3/4 of an inch so it will basically be like it's raised 3/4" over stock. what kind of involvement is there doing a 1" MM and BL together? will it even work?

also, i need to find out the geometry of the skid before i build it, unfortunately i obviously can't exactly compare to mine

thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in