LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 Old 05-26-2017, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4_685
Hmm im not sure that bit is supposed to be pressurized to be honest...how are the piston ring seals? When I pulled my unknown brand one recently, the seal had popped out of its groove and was sitting in the bottom of the assembly - had to modify the housing to get the 'big end' bearing off to be able to remove the piston to re-seat ring....pics for interest...oh and I flipped the reed valve cos it was ajar...maybe a simple fix for the ARB ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea now that you mention it. It doesn't make sense that that part would be pressurized. I'll check the piston rings first and go from there. Thanks!

B4_685 likes this.

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 05-26-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I tore everything down this afternoon but left the motor assembly alone. Piston rings are fine. Nothing else looked worn or out of place either. So I cleaned everything and put it back together. Still leaks around the power cord for some reason but it's now making enough pressure to actuate the lockers. It's still not holding enough pressure to fill it's tank and be able to stop pumping. I guess I'll call it a partial victory for the time being. I think I'm going to buy a new one in the near future. I kinda like that twin compressor ARB is making now.

image-3237939363.jpgimage-2399495106.jpgimage-3401527797.jpg
B4_685 likes this.

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 Old 05-26-2017, 12:18 PM
B4_685
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post
I tore everything down this afternoon but left the motor assembly alone. Piston rings are fine. Nothing else looked worn or out of place either. So I cleaned everything and put it back together. Still leaks around the power cord for some reason but it's now making enough pressure to actuate the lockers. It's still not holding enough pressure to fill it's tank and be able to stop pumping. I guess I'll call it a partial victory for the time being. I think I'm going to buy a new one in the near future. I kinda like that twin compressor ARB is making now.

Attachment 3334073Attachment 3334081Attachment 3334065

Good job n thanks for posting pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in