Anyone have grille strobes? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have grille strobes?

Has anyone installed grille strobes on their Wrangler? I need to install emergency grille mounted strobes onto my wrangler but am not sure where or how to mount them. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

2005 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Newtons3

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, I have installed them. Not in my Wrangler, but in several others as well as many other vehicles. I need some context- What kind of strobe? What purpose? How many? How bright? Etc. Most volunteers around here are installing LED strobes which are great. Low voltage, easy to mount, pretty durable. They just arent all that bright. I prefer some Tomar or Whelen xenon strobes with flashpacks for emergency vehicles. MUCH brighter. Also much more expensive. Both can be mounted by back-drilling into the existing light housings.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you. I have (2) Hornet H4 LED Strobes that I need to install. I have one green one and one white. I work with the Department of Public Safety. I want to mount them in the grille but am not sure how to mount them.

2005 Rubicon

post #4 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Miller97
2003 TJ Wrangler 

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/w...ation-1252595/

I remember seeing this because i was heavily interested in doing this with my TJ, hope this helps

2003 Silver TJ Sport, BF Goodrich 30" A/T KO's. RIP 11/2013.|| '03 Gold Wrangler X. Project "Golden Eagle"
post #5 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Newtons3

2006 TJ Wrangler 

1. Easy: I would probably use a piece of 1/8 inch aluminum and make a bracket or brackets for them. Id mount that to the grill with the strobes hung over into the gaps. 2. Not as easy: Id make a template of the lense and mark my grill slats. Drill the corners. Dremel, die grind, and/or saw the rest of the hole. Drill two matching mounting holes. Space the strobes from the rear so that the lenses are flush. Much cooler.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have to mount these longways. They are long and skinny (5"x1 1/2"). They will fit right between the grille slots perfectly but there's nowhere to attach an L-bracket. Any ideas?

2005 Rubicon
post #7 of 8 Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Newtons3

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Longways = horizontal? If they'll fit between the grill slats, then cut a piece of 1/8" aluminum on which to mount them about 1 1/2" long. Drill through the grill slats and mount the bracket to two. Two stainless screws through each will make the assembly strong. Not my preferred method but cheap, easy, and durable. I would still probably inset the strobes in the slats, fenders, flares, or bumper. Then I'd back drill the light assemblies to take the o-ring mount clear strobes.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Dustin7837
2011 JK Wrangler 

I put strobes in my tail lights and also in my side turn signals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in