Almost lost my spring! What now? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
asim04LJ

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC06 View Post
Ok I get it, just read your profile and realized you are 22. You will get it one day.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Well this was...interesting.

Over the past week TJ Tech has had more drama than two 16yr old girls create when they fight over a boy.

Damn.
It truly has.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
HoneyBadger01

Quote:
Originally Posted by asim04LJ View Post
When I clicked on the last page of this thread earlier, all I saw was your post; therefore, I don't know what the others said. With all due respect, its pathetic to see a grown *** man type like a damn 15 year old. Act your age.
Why d* y*u keep using "***", are you t** much of a p**sy to type out the word in its entirety? I thought pe*ple from Texas had bigger b**ls.
post #93 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM
asim04LJ

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger01 View Post
Why d* y*u keep using "***", are you t** much of a p**sy to type out the word in its entirety? I thought pe*ple from Texas had bigger b**ls.
Hey *******, the forum censors profanity dip****.

post #94 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
HoneyBadger01

Quote:
Originally Posted by asim04LJ View Post
Hey *******, the forum censors profanity dip****.
Yah, I know, but HoneyBadger01 don't give a sh*t.
post #95 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
asim04LJ

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yah, I know, but HoneyBadger01 don't give a sh*t.
Keep on doing that.

I'm done posting in this thread.
post #96 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
sjones26573

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welp, everybody say goodbye to HoneyBadger01. Would about bet the ban hammer will be here soon.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
post #97 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Climbit

1999 XJ Cherokee 

God I love TJ tech... you wrangler people have all the good drama queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectoxicdragon View Post
blah blah blah
Quote:
blah blah blah
Quote:
blah blah blah
Quote:
blah blah blah
Quote:
blah blah blah
you are an idiot. what limits, or rather should limit travel on any off-road suspension are limit straps and bump-stops. no vehicles came factory with limit straps you retard.

hitting a spring back into place is not going to crack it, even if you use a ******* sledge hammer.

stop being a ******-bag and try and learn something. shocks should NEVER be used as limits unless they are specifically designed as such (IE ORIs). any good drop out of the axle will destroy them.

and stop ****ing around with the language filter or jerry will come in here and delete a perfectly entertaining thread.

Quote:
Oh ya, thats the answer. Just ban everything you don't like. Kind of like the Chinese government!
Quote:
I would rather be 15 and understand liberty than to be too old to remember what liberty is all about.

Oh, and since I am 15........................pull my finger!
Shut the **** up noob.
post #98 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
nice try but shot peening is not striking the spring in a singular point with force, it is spreading the force over a larger surface and as such reducing the stress rather than increasing it. Further, it is not hitting the spring with a force equal to or over 500psi which is the average force of a three pound steel hammer strike... So if you really knew what you thought you knew, why did you just put your foot in your mouth?
Because I know that shot peening has enough force to hammer the surface enough to forge it smooth in order to mitigate crack propagation. I also know that smacking a spring into place with a hammer won't hurt it either.

If it did, I would be either maimed, dead, or broke from replacing springs, none of which has happened. They aren't quite as delicate as you would have us believe.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
post #99 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
two_much_talk
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
WTF? WRONG!!! support the axle with the wheel off, unbolt the shock at the bottom and then LIFT the body carefully, (watch the break line) you shold be able to push the spring back in place with minimal force. But NEVER STRIKE a SPRING. They are HARDENED and CAN CRACK, start a hairline crack in one and you can have that beast fail on you when you least want it to, and end up rolling over... and not just a simple flop either. With as much pressure off it as you can get you may be able to simply pry it over, if you can just push it, its time to look at new springs, Also check those shocks, they are supposed to act to limit downward axel movement, if you have the wrong ones in place (too long) this can happen again, I dont believe in bolting coil springs to the lower perch but some people have done this... On my lift the rear springs got a touch rattly, I was told to use a pair of cable clamps on both sides... drill the perch accordingly,,, As I said, I dont buy into it. I just cut a ciuple pieces of black garden hose and slipped it over the bottom coil and it went silent... BUT you do have an issue you need to check,,, start with the shocks.
Fail the average shocks are never supposed to be used to limit suspension travel.

Quote:
Tell you what horses *** When youve had HALF the experience I have come bacl and talk to me... until then continue showing your ignorance and stupidity, and go jack up a jeep and unbolt the shocks and see what happens, then go do a little research on metallurgy and and learn about the rockwell hardnes scale and how it relates to spring steel and brittleness. I've been doing this since you were still in diapers and probably before, as illustrated by your abject stupidity and flagrant ignorance
Fail original poster never said he did this.
Fail and you still haven't learned much about asking the right questions to get the right answers

Quote:
There are no limit straps on a jeep suspension and bump stops only prevent the upward travel of the axle not the downward. You idiots really need to learn automotive engineering before shooting off your mouths.
Fail the fact that there are no limit straps in a stock jeep suspension is obvious. It doesn't mean there are no engineering features that do just that - limit the suspension travel

Quote:
take your attitude back to your ******* friends who think they know everything and try educating them, and read the thread and see who is being rude before you make the asinine acusations and find yourself tossed into the pile of idiots like just happened.
Fail hypocrite

Quote:
You really are a dumb phuque arent you, Perhaps if you would have stayed in grade school you would have learned geography, but we understand, having sex with your sister was more important, and your daddy wanted a grandchild to get more welfare money for the family and as your sister was already his niece she has three arms and he needed to make sure there was some fresh genetic material in the family pool. And since we DO own all the land and you are always late on the rent it's you who should shut up up and swallow, buttmonkey...
Fail no explanation needed

Quote:
it's you who should do some reading because the question was what limited axle travel on a TJ.... CONTEXT!
Another condescending comment without any real susbstance or usefull information.

Quote:
nice try but shot peening is not striking the spring in a singular point with force, it is spreading the force over a larger surface and as such reducing the stress rather than increasing it. Further, it is not hitting the spring with a force equal to or over 500psi which is the average force of a three pound steel hammer strike... So if you really knew what you thought you knew, why did you just put your foot in your mouth?
Fail that's a lot of assuming without reason.

Quote:
In which almost all the commenters in this thread staring the the toad Boogieman who started the flaming would be banned, but the rednecks who pay to the forum think they are entitled to act any way they want and fling insults at everyone they wish...
Fail you have by far abused the rules beyond any other commenter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbabicky View Post
Way to make friends and influence people.
x2

Toxic - just because you got older doesn't mean you are any wiser or more worthy of the respect of others.
post #100 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Climbit

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_much_talk View Post
Fail hippocrit
FAIL

it's spelled hypocrite.

post #101 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
two_much_talk
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks , fixed

It's my redneck showing through!
post #102 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
two_much_talk
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I love this thread !
post #103 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
sjones26573

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_much_talk View Post
thanks , fixed

It's my redneck showing through!
You can't be a redneck. You're not a paying member.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
post #104 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
HoneyBadger01

"Shut the **** up noob."

What? Noob's aren't allowed to comment? Was there some all important RULE that I missed? I'll be sure to study up.
post #105 of 116 Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Knuckelhead
R.I.P. Knuckelhead

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
"Shut the **** up noob."

What? Noob's aren't allowed to comment? Was there some all important RULE that I missed? I'll be sure to study up.
Owning a Jeep would help your reputation on this forum...

HONEYBADGER01'S JEEP
User Has Not Filled Out Jeep Information.

Gone but not forgotten.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in