for all you that doubted me - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
dupwee00

for all you that doubted me

i put in a thread about a month ago. it was about buying a salvaged 2000 wrangler. just wanted to let you all know that i did go ahead and buy the vechile. ended up just being a lower control arm bracket busted off. currier hooked me up with a new bracket, mig welded the beast back on. new control arms, fender, hood, windshield and it is now back on the road. paid only 7249.19 total for the 2000 wrangler with only 40,000 miles and auto tranny. i want to thank you all that sent me info. -matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 06:47 AM
pwhit

I did the same thing. Buying a salvaged 99 TJ w/ 55,000. I need to replace my drivers side lower control arm bracket also. Where did you say you got yours at? My buddy's dad could probably fab something up but if I can just get a new bracket and cut the old one off and get his dad to weld the new one on that would be sweet. Thanks for any info.
pwhit

84 CJ7 258 I6, T-4, D300, 2.5" BDS, 35x12.5 MT's, Fiberglass body (SOLD)
73 J4000 360, Auto, Quadratrac ...... work in progress
post #3 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 07:34 AM
macb

2014 JK Wrangler 

good find! it's funny what people who jeep consider repairable v.s. 'car people' who think even the most minor problem is unrepariable.

3.5" Terraflex, 1" BL, Flat Belly Pan, Currie Steering, 35s, Cowl Intake, blah blah blah:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob Supplee:
or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site:

post #4 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
dupwee00

i bought the bracket from rubicon express. go to www.rubiconexpress.com click store,suspension components, control arms, control arm axle brackets. all you have to do is grind down the existing junk bracket so the axle housing is nice and smooth. line it up (the bracket is made to fit precisely onto the axle) the bracket is also twice as strong and thick. delivered to your door for only 40 bucks. i would show you a picture but i do not know how to insert a picture?? who know how to??
post #5 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Dee Cue

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by dupwee00
...i would show you a picture but i do not know how to insert a picture?? who know how to??

Check out this link, it details what you must do. HTH

Click Me

Blk, '05 LJ, 6-spd, 3" Zone SL, 33" BFG AT on Soft 8's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in