AEV High line kit 3" lift and 37s? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
girly04LJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

AEV High line kit 3" lift and 37s?

I have been looking at going to 37" tires, but I like how low my jeep is now. Has anyone put one of the AEV high line kits on and run 37" tires and a 3" lift?

I would also like to take the 1" body lift off.

any input would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
gribbles

2000 TJ Wrangler 

that would be plenty of room, just make sure you have the axles, brakes, steering and gears for 37s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
post #3 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
girly04LJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

I am hoping to be able to keep it together with 5.13s, cromoly shafts and ARBs. My JK axles should have big enough brakes. Steering is off a JK as well so I think I am ok on that too. I am trying to decide if 37s are worth it or if I should stick with 35s

post #4 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
girly04LJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone done this or installed a high line kit?
post #5 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
never monday
2004 LJ Wrangler 

a guy in my club runs the AEV and 37's on an LJ. I can't remember his lift height
post #6 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

aev runs ome 2" suspension, and a 1" body lift under the highlines for the 37" tires...

the highline fender and a 3.5" lift will clear 38.5" rubber..

Features:AEV Highline fender, hood, & flare kit - allows the use of 37" or 38" tires with a 3" lift
AEV Rear expedition door & hardtop - allows easier access to the rear of the vehicle
AEV HEMI Conversion
AEV Alloy wheels with Champion bead lock - allows the tires to be run at low tire pressures without worry of the tire slipping off the wheel.
AEV Rocker guards
OME 2" Suspension - Ultra reliable, excellent riding kit
IPF 960 SuperRalley lights - A lot of light in a small package
JKS 1" body lift - Gives a bit more lift to clear the large tires, while keeping the center of gravity as low as possible. (Doesn't raise the engine, trans or frame)
Mopar front and rear steel bumpers and winch mount - OK, we're a little partial, we designed them... Also works well with our Highline fender kit. Very tough and minimal in size and weight.
Warn 9.5ti Winch - there will also be a rear mounted XD9000 for the trip
Mopar Trailguide GPS navigation (by Garmin)
Panasonic Toughbook CF-29s running Garmin EnRoute Software with a Garmin antennas
Yeasu 8900R HAM Radio with Diamond CR8900A antenna
Nth Degree Tummy Tucker Skidplate - Gains a couple of inches of clearance over the stock unit
Interco 37x12.50R16 SuperSwamper IROK tires
Graphics by Russ Fry - Matching the Wrangler paint. A map of the trip superimposed over a sunset picture in Iceland.

I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
post #7 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Gabe

1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow, I wanna see how they did the rear door on that jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22
Holy ****, did someone log onto Mean Fish's account and say something thoughtful?
post #8 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
kunlajos

AEV Highline, 3" lift and 37's - it's me

I'm the "guy in his club" Yep, I run 3" of lift and 37's. Love it.

email to [email protected] and I will reply with a lot of pictures

lift is a bit of a hodge podge
RockKrawler rear SA triangulated uppers, front SA uppers
Rubicon express SA lowers
well worn 2" springs 1" coil spacers rear, 1.5" spacers front to level out for winch
belly up and looking to take it higher
post #9 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
TheMasterChief
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
a guy in my club runs the AEV and 37's on an LJ. I can't remember his lift height

saw a red one at River Rock a couple months ago. Probably the one you're talking about. 3" RE lift and Iroks I believe. They were with Southern Jeeps or one of those.
post #10 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
TheMasterChief
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by girly04LJ View Post
I am hoping to be able to keep it together with 5.13s, cromoly shafts and ARBs. My JK axles should have big enough brakes. Steering is off a JK as well so I think I am ok on that too. I am trying to decide if 37s are worth it or if I should stick with 35s
We wheel with a guy at GA Trail Riders, he has an 07 Rubi with 37s. Brakes and axles are fine. He wheels the piss out of it. I'm assuming you have the 44s.
post #11 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlajos View Post
I'm the "guy in his club" Yep, I run 3" of lift and 37's. Love it.

email to [email protected] and I will reply with a lot of pictures

lift is a bit of a hodge podge
RockKrawler rear SA triangulated uppers, front SA uppers
Rubicon express SA lowers
well worn 2" springs 1" coil spacers rear, 1.5" spacers front to level out for winch
belly up and looking to take it higher
i'd like some pics - check your email

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #12 of 58 Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 PM
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

heres a link to a good write up on using your factory fenders as highlines and save a couple grand....

I'll be doing this myself in the next few weeks when i get some time off beings to how i've been unable to produce the 2 grand for the AEV highline fenders in the last three years.. I've already got 5.13's ready to go in and the tire bill is paid down enough to splurge for some 37's

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608762

I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
post #13 of 58 Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
girly04LJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a JK 30 front and a JK 44 rear I think I can keep it together until I get some Tera CRD 60s. (Hopefully next spring) When I get the CRDs I will be able to go back to my old driving style. The JK axles were going to be the final plan for this jeep and 35s was going to be the biggest tire size but I am having a change of heart.
post #14 of 58 Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
girly04LJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

[quote]heres a link to a good write up on using your factory fenders as highlines and save a couple grand....

I'll be doing this myself in the next few weeks when i get some time off beings to how i've been unable to produce the 2 grand for the AEV highline fenders in the last three years.. I've already got 5.13's ready to go in and the tire bill is paid down enough to splurge for some 37's

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608762[quote]

That's a clean job on the YJ if you do yours soon let me know how it goes.
post #15 of 58 Old 10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Oman Jeep

My Jeep is on 35" tires and has about 3 inches of lift with the Highline kit.

A lot of cutting is needed in the back, and you will have to check your steering limitations up front depending on your wheel offset, but I'm pretty sure I'd have a pretty easy time fitting 37" tires now.

I chose 35's to start with so I wouldn't be so desperate to re-gear.

'06 TJ Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in