97 wrangler 2.5l heatsoak problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
deadwalkinsammy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

97 wrangler 2.5l heatsoak problem

i think i have narrowed my last problem down with my wrangler. #3 injector heat soak, im going to try the fix for the problem, but is there a certain way the injectors are supposed to face, if so, does anyone have an idea or a picture?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM
aparke4

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had minor heat soak issues with mine and pretty bad issues with my 4.0 xj... hood louvers are a cheap way to get under hood heat out from engine bay and might be a good long term solution... i installed the hyline louver panel and i can now touch my hood after running for a while where as before it was so hot it would burn ya if you were not careful!

Have you tried an insulation wrap on the fuel rail and leading up to injector? The manifold below is usually the culprit and you might want to see if you can use a small bit of header wrap or make a shield to deflect heat... with heat soak you have to look down the line and see what part is absorbing so much heat...
post #3 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM
aparke4

2001 TJ Wrangler 

* ah why way to install injectors... they should all face same way so you can install clip/ molex eletrical connector

post #4 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM
aparke4

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Push each fuel injector into the rail, making sure to push straight, wiggle a bit if you need to but KEEP THEM STRAIGHT. After they are all seated fully, make sure they are rotated the correct way install the clip nuts.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
deadwalkinsammy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My question on the injectors is, should they all be in the same position like 2 o'clock, 12 o'clock, 10 o'clock... Ect. Or does it not matter? I made a decent sized shield out of aluminum duct tape, not quite sure if its doing the trick. I'm going to try the spark plug insulator trick, hopefully that does it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in