97 Jeep TJ, can not find an air scoop??? Anyone know where to get one? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 48 Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
jeep2008

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
has anybody run into this problem:

leaning the hood all the way back against the windshield multiple times has left a scratch on my hood.
That's an interesting problem....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 48 Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
VanBCguy

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
has anybody run into this problem:

leaning the hood all the way back against the windshield multiple times has left a scratch on my hood.

that and when i laid the windshield down to install my cage, it was just tall enough to crack my windshield.

so, its gone. anyone?
Not to hi-jack, but I have to comment: Where the scratch on the hood is couldn't possibly have come from your windshield or roof. It's too low and would be laying "open" and untouched over the cowl when the hood's leaned back. As for your window. That's strange how my hood never comes close to hitting glass when I lean it against the top of the windshield frame. How hard are you letting the hood drop against the top of the windshield frame if it cracked the windshield?

To the OP: I have an 03, so not the same design as yours. But I wanted to clean up the cabin air when running over many dusty roads in the summer. I found this: Clean Air Scoop with Filter, Jeep, Wrangler, TJ, LJ, Rubicon, Unlimited, Cabin filter

So instead of laying out stupid money for something I could fab myself, I used jay cloths tightly stretched underneath the vents (you could also buy flat K&N filters and somehow attach them underneath the vents in the cowl). I then put a womans knee high stocking over the stock intake box inside the cowl. It's stretchy enough that it stays in place. Voila! Clean cabin air and no need to buy expensive hood/cowl scoops.

Just my :2c:

P.S. - Bottom pic of the cracked windshield: You have a RHD?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VanBCguy; 11-19-2009 at 01:04 AM.
post #48 of 48 Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 AM
erickpl

1997 TJ Wrangler 

That scratch on the hood came from laying the hood back on the glass. The scratch was created by the cowl that was on there previously.

I have a 97 too, but am replacing it with a 98+ cowl. I'll paint it and any cowl to match.

-Paul
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in