6.1 Hemi LJ Madness and Mayhem - Page 40 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #586 of 737 Old 12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

A dog and some kids and you're done!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #587 of 737 Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM
mjcother
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post

... i will be ordering the new radiator. once the jeep is here i will pull the current one off --- and then look up ryan

I got mine, less than a week to my door... very happy, mounts right up, I have to get an un-modified lower hose, as I cut mine too short for the other one.. however the upper hose may be tricky..

Compared to the top center of the passenger side a/c condenser bolt, the center of the tip of the radiator inlet is:
6" back
1" to the passenger side
.5" up

and the my engine t-stat housing tip-center is:
5" back
2.25" to the driver
4.5" down

the t-stat housing is also angled 30 degrees or so below pointing at the plane that the two spigots would create if lined up properly, which woudl allow a single bend radiator hose... so thinking about cutting the t-stat housing at a 15 degree angle and rotating 80 degrees and welding back together.. a simple 1.75" hose with a 90 in it will work.. The only issue is that it would pretty much block my air intake tube routing, but I do not see an alternative yet.....
post #588 of 737 Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

mj.. its always something... with these swaps we have to take on the roll of solving all the problems that chyrsler and the others have at the minimum 30+ engineers to figure out for each 'problem' ...LOL i say bring it on... i will be ordering my radiator tomorrow.

for me trying to remember the layout, i dont think the engine to rad upper hose is going to cause too much of an issue with the intake, if so.. we will get it figured out!

i had to take a couple hours and build larger steps from the garage into the house. there were only [2] stnd 11" wide steps and we put a screen door in the opening this summer. made it difficult to come in and out. i added an additional 11" wide board to both steps, full width, and its like a whole new world. its kool because the wife likes to sit on the steps and chat while im working out there... so benefits all around especially with the jeep coming home this weekend. i have the second upper shelf built and the lights i need to wire in, just have to get the mustang out of the way to get them all mounted. the wife says everytime she goes out in the garage, its 'brighter' and theres more 'floor space' so i must be doing something right.

im going to have btr weld in the bung so i run a 3/8 thermo switch. im dumping the 'adjustable' thermo switch that came with the fan. going to wire it up my way, multiple activations inc [manual over-ride-ON] and also a [OFF over-ride] for water and mud 'instances'

im still stuck on the whole fender thing. looks like im going to start with a no flare DIY 'hoodline' set and build out from there.

tomorrow the wife has finals in the morning then nothing pressing. im hoping to get the mustang out of the garage and on the trailer. finish the garage 'stuff' and head out to the parents to drop the stang. swing over to my buddies.. temporarily power up the winch and get the jeep on the trailer. WOW THIS PLAN SOUNDS PERFECT ON PAPER... wait till real life kicks in tomorrow and muddies the waters

holy ***** christams is 9 days away... wow this year has flown by....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build

2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up

4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....

My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....

the new shop...
conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net

post #589 of 737 Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
mjcother
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a couple pics of fitting... I took a E 72048 hose from advanced auto and hacked it up and spliced two pieces together.. $26 + a splicer from jagsthatrun that I have to dig out of a box somewhere..

I am somewhat wishing for more length to relieve stress, and make room for intake (sitting on engine cover for comparison)..

I am going to use this one for now, but look for one that I can get to come out of t-stat, go a couple inches further, then loop back and up and 90 into radiator.. this will give the intake more room...

That loop could be larger radius if the radiator inlet was coming out the passenger side, either 45 or 90 degrees from straight back..
post #590 of 737 Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
tshively
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sure would like to hear this thing run! LOL!! Just run a mechanical fan and be done!
post #591 of 737 Old 12-18-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

THE JEEP IS IN THE GARAGE...DING DING... ROUND #2...AND ALREADY TORN APART... AHH THE HEMI PROJECT REVISITED.

mj... looks good. yes i have the same numbers stamped on my tranny.

pulled the front fenders off. cant flip the hood back all the way, hits the garage door runner track. oh well have to move that later on.

ryan.. got the radiator/fan assembly out and stripped down. the radiators ready PM me and we'll get it worked out.

ordered some pre-bent tubes for the rear fenders. no room to install my tube bender here so it is what it is. i stared at the jeep/motor for 30 minutes and am running into a trying to figure out where/how to mount the hydro fluid reservoir.

started pulling the aluminum tray i had installed where the stock battery goes. ill go looking for the double stack tray here in a minute.

found the ziplock bag with the trans pan bolts in it THANK GOD still getting used to the garage here, kinda been a dump and go thing lately. i know the RTV is around here somewhere? and then ill get the trans pan sealed up.

more in a minute or two...

went to harbor frieght today and picked up [4] 12 ton TALL jackstands... ill get the jeep up on those soon enough.

Quote:
Quote:
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #592 of 737 Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Sgt_Utz

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcother View Post
On my next hemi, if it not a nearly plug and play JK, I will definitely get 'everything I want and then some' from the donor vehicle, and also will use better quality wire, the NAPA crap I used makes me so embarrassed when it is not hidden in a loom... I saw you signature link that had better wire... nice......

The hydraulic fan is not that bad, LOL.. ever see a GC instrument cluster in a TJ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPKAzNPhU6o
GC cluster a direct swap?
post #593 of 737 Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 AM
mjcother
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
mj... looks good. yes i have the same numbers stamped on my tranny.
Thanks! I can order and then measure output shaft protrusion so I can spec out the atlas ;-)

What kind of distance you have between engine and core support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
GC cluster a direct swap?
physically - no
electrically - only if your running a GC PCM and FCM
post #594 of 737 Old 12-19-2011, 08:16 AM
MO2500

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice to see the Jeep again. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished

Instagram: @omsmike
post #595 of 737 Old 12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Sgt_Utz

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You should replace the Rubicon sticker with a custom hood decal!

Rubicon SRT8

I'd get the Rubicon to match the SRT font. It'd be sick!
post #596 of 737 Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great....glad to see ya working again.

Ummmm dude your links are Purple....

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #597 of 737 Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

mj, ill measure the distance tomorrow. I was looking through my 'folder' last night but i didnt see my atlas receipt? IDK where it is. if you do go altlas, be careful. my first TC came in built for a pass diff for some reason. they were great in getting the correct one shipped out but i realized one day that they didnt put a 4WD indicator fitting on the corrected Tcase. WTF.

sgt utz, i think thats awesome and i will be putting that on my list...

yes purple links... the wife likes purple..LOL... for now my big jeep has long purple links.. its genetics. after awhile they might go blue

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #598 of 737 Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ive been feeling like crap so i went to the doctor... broncitis.. great. definately have to get a heater out in the garage now..lol

mj, i have 8" from the face of the wp pulley to the grille plane that the radiator bolts on. 9" to the inner plane. that would be the pocket 1" for the ac condensor.

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #599 of 737 Old 12-25-2011, 08:29 PM
PacificNWJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
tonight i pulled the motor assembly out and clearanced the frame for the alternator

thats pretty much as far as i have gotten in the last few days. i talked with rod and mike at tnt today and ordered up my new lift. dealer says 5.7 pieces should be here tomorrow, too bad i have to work all weekend next i will start taking down my lift and re-inforce the frame where i notched it out. im thinking of waiting though as i have air bumpstops install so maybe ill hold off and do it all at the same time.

anyways more progress and pics to come. mygoal is to have it back on its shoes in the next few weeks. budget wise im doing okay...as long as i take the new lift off the list..... my old lift is in the classifieds if anyones interested.

Since you are not running A/C, couldn't you mount the alternator where the A/C pump goes, this way you would not have to notch the frame?

My 97 TJ Hemi Build: http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850159
post #600 of 737 Old 12-26-2011, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I suppose you probably physically could but I'm gonna say that u would run into the same issues on that side as well as upper link clearance starts to get into the mix... Wait... Nope..steering!!!!

Christmas was busy and i got stuck working all weekend. 4 more hours and this weekend comes to a close. Wife got me a jaegermiester tap machine... YES!!! Can't wait to get that hooked up!!!!

Looking at hummer caps right now and air filter boxes etc.

Hopefully i can get a few hours in on the jeep this week and weekend. That would be great. Need to sell some more stuff. LOL

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net

Tags
6.1 , 6.1 liter , engine swap , hemi , motor swap , srt8 , v8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in