6.1 Hemi LJ Madness and Mayhem - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 737 Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Deacon

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. That sounds like a lot of work's been done, though maybe that's because there's a lot more work than there should've been

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 737 Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

yeah.... kinda sucks when forward progress is slowed by sideways complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up

4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....

My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....

the new shop...
conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #213 of 737 Old 06-27-2010, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ok got a new camera, however...left the owners manual for it at the shop.. so pics tomorrow.

further progress...
after some prep work, got the drivers header on and o2 sensor in
got the hydroboost mounted
brake distribution block mounted
NLVP purge valve mounted after fabing up a bracket
new gas pedal mounted
heat loom on the wiring where it should have it
picked up the new oil pressure sender.. now have to get a square head socket to get it out
installed, removed, installed, removed the cooler plate and swapped things/fittings about 10 times trying to get the best routing on the hoses.
chassis and body grounds in
changed my power feeds around alittle bit
messed around alittle more with the snorkel and piping.....

have to drop the fuel tank to get the new harness in... the tank has to come down anyways because i ordered up the genright rear shock kit and i want to reinforce the frame where im doing the french cutout. by the time im done it will be stronger than stock and take all the beating without worry.

going to send some of the extra stuff back and need to order a longer shaft for the steering.

as it comes together i see alot of small-tricky-little things that are going to have to be fabbed... just like the nvlp bracket and clearancing the stock brake bracket to fit on the new MC.

then its going to be fab time on the lift, steering and brakes... hmm axles and tires would be nice.

thinking about some full corner aluminum armor with the wider openings [2.5" all around.. does any one know if the stock flares can be adapted to this. thinking about having the armor color matched to the jeep

going to pull the stock rear inner fender plastics and leave them off. ill spray the wheel wells black though for asthetics.

Quote:
Quote:
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net

post #214 of 737 Old 06-27-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ok...have pics....
new 1600 series ps pump

new power/battery tray... the batteries are going inside the jeep. going to stuff them behind an insta-trunk.

new pedal assembly in

new nvlp purge valve braket and install

hydroboost..

little top down teaser....

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #215 of 737 Old 06-27-2010, 04:35 PM
TedH

Great looking build!!
post #216 of 737 Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Recoil

1988 MJ Comanche 

Hey if you want I can get measurements of the axle where it sits now to let you know exactly how far forward the front stretch arms will move it when dialed all the way in.

\/ \/ \/

post #217 of 737 Old 06-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Recoil

1988 MJ Comanche 

From bolt to bolt dialed all the way in my front lowers are 37.5"

\/ \/ \/

post #218 of 737 Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

thanks recoil-any measurements would be appreciated, i will be looking at that stuff here in a minute. going to call chase tomorow and see what the eta on the axles is. man you got me kicking myself abit more to get this thing done so i can go roll it with yall at the badlands....

nvlp system is plumbed
fittings are on the lines for the coolers, hopefully this wil be the last ime i have to install that thing
going to start to install and clearance the front fenders around the shock hoops.

ok enough fooling around...back to the HEMI.....

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #219 of 737 Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Recoil

1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
man you got me kicking myself abit more to get this thing done so i can go roll it with yall at the badlands....

ok enough fooling around...back to the HEMI.....
no problem bro get it done and if you let me spot you I'll make sure you roll it. Check the trail reports section for our trip

\/ \/ \/

post #220 of 737 Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

okay about to pull the trigger, going maxxis..... creepy crawlers or trepadors...comp version....aiming at the comp trepadors now, seem to work alittle better in the mud.. which we have more of here anyways. trail and mud 70% rock 30% so seems like it would be a good compromise.

any input on these selections....???

started clearancing the fenders. ill be moving the washer bottle to the inside drivers corner like ive seen done afew times.
pulled the rear plastics.
appears that i will be able to move my rear currie anti-rock infront of the rear axle.

ok back to searching and surfing.... trying to find maxxis dealer to buy these rolling fortunes

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #221 of 737 Old 06-29-2010, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

hahahaha.. found something good....
5 new 40x13.5x17 radial maxxis trepadors... shipped to the shop $2500....

now if could just get my wheels here

hydro steering stuff showed up.. be messing with that here tonight.
sent a box back to summit of allthe junk i dont need...

coilovers finally shipped so looking for those here in the next few days

getting closer... anybody have any motivational input......

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
post #222 of 737 Old 06-29-2010, 03:49 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Get that thing on the Ground

Is that motivational?

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!

JFI Member #7:

: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ:
BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
post #223 of 737 Old 06-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Deacon

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
hydro steering stuff showed up.. be messing with that here tonight.
You going full hydro or hydro assist? One day I'd like to go hydro assist myself.

And getting those coil-overs in should be motivation enough
post #224 of 737 Old 06-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Recoil

1988 MJ Comanche 

How's about shipping me your iroks. It's going to rock. I'll get more measurement and send youba pic of my track bar situation so you can figure out the stretch arms. What about the corners? You make a decision on that?

\/ \/ \/

post #225 of 737 Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

thanks

not yet on the corners... think im just going to wait until i '''neeeeeed'' them

full hydro baby... took a break to jump on here. tacked the valve mount in and mocking in lines now. cooler plate is in, hopefully for the last time pulled a kilby steering skid thats been on the shelf for a while and got everything to fit in the 'stock steering' location. im happy with that result

need to get more trinket stuff fromt summit for securing the lines and starting the brake plumbing. going to send back the deep trans pan.. theres no way without serious fabing of the skid plate and i dont want to do that or have that look right now.

ill post more pics later tonight...

M8060 Trepador EXTREME OFF-ROAD - Quadratec

im just kicking this around.....
whos front fenders are you guys running. im not hylining the hood, nor moving the battery tray. i need that real estate for the snorkel piping. and i want something with a flare.... psc? genright? does any one make one that bends the front back down like a stock flare or is that going to be a total fab thing here for that look?

Quote:
Quote:

6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build

the new shop...
shop email....

LIKE US on facebook.....
adding more daily
redrockindustries.net

Tags
6.1 , 6.1 liter , engine swap , hemi , motor swap , srt8 , v8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in