50" LED light bar for $40?! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:01 PM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

they're small. but he obviously made a big *** order. the boxes on the shelves are definitely small lights. i recognize them from others i've ordered.

the other ones are probably full of more smaller boxes...

or we're all getting scammed and he took that pic from an internet site somewhere lol

93 yj. 355 chevy, heads, cam, intake, etc. 35's, bumpers, winch, lights, and a killer stereo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:07 PM
aparke4

2001 TJ Wrangler 

well fingers crossed! ill risk 75
post #93 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think any of us is expecting a high quality product but a working 50 inch bar even if it's substandard is still a great deal. The guy claims he's selling them at cost to build his ebay reviews and maybe he actually is, or maybe they fell of a truck in China. Either way if they work they are a great deal or if they don't work paypal will get us our money back.

At the end of the day I also am not buying into the cost the guys selling these in the US are claiming either. I personally believe they are trying to protect their markups for as long as possible so they are trying to scare us off of the ones sold by Chinese vendors. There are minimal parts in these and it's not a very complex product. It's easy for people to knock off and produce. In the past most of the cost is in the LEDs and LEDs just are not that expensive anymore. The casing is mass produced by someone over there since most of the brands have similar casing so the cost has to have been pushed down there as well. I'll bet these days biggest cost input is the labor soldering everything and assembling it. The worse that can happen is they have substandard LEDs that put out less lumes then a CREE.

post #94 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:14 PM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

if it arrives, and it lights up, then i think it was worth the $

i'm not racing in the desert at night lol. i just want it for setting up camp.

93 yj. 355 chevy, heads, cam, intake, etc. 35's, bumpers, winch, lights, and a killer stereo.
post #95 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:14 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
The guy claims he's selling them at cost to build his ebay reviews
This one cracks me up. People do things to make money. Period.
post #96 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:15 PM
aparke4

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i agree- my china 4x4 led pods are working great are simply bright. not the best focus, throw or color temp but they light it up! i cant wait for the 50 inch which i imagine will be one large flood.

Quote:
I don't think any of us is expecting a high quality product but a working 50 inch bar even if it's substandard is still a great deal. The guy claims he's selling them at cost to build his ebay reviews and maybe he actually is, or maybe they fell of a truck in China. Either way if they work they are a great deal or if they don't work paypal will get us our money back.

At the end of the day I also am not buying into the cost the guys selling these in the US are claiming either. I personally believe they are trying to protect their markups for as long as possible so they are trying to scare us off of the ones sold by Chinese vendors. There are minimal parts in these and it's not a very complex product. It's easy for people to knock off and produce. In the past most of the cost is in the LEDs and LEDs just are not that expensive anymore. The casing is mass produced by someone over there since most of the brands have similar casing so the cost has to have been pushed down there as well. I'll bet these days biggest cost input is the labor soldering everything and assembling it. The worse that can happen is they have substandard LEDs that put out less lumes then a CREE.
post #97 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:19 PM
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
This one cracks me up. People do things to make money. Period.
I agree, and one part of starting a new business so you can make money is building reputation and a customer base. Most of these guys normally have pricing separated by pennies and most of us go with the guy with best reviews. If we have a good experience we tend to buy again with the same vendor even if there is small difference in price.

While the argument he's making is suspect it's not without merit. Especially if hes make a small profit and pulling away sales from his competitors while doing it.
post #98 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree, and one part of starting a new business so you can make money is building reputation and a customer base. Most of these guys normally have pricing separated by pennies and most of us go with the guy with best reviews. If we have a good experience we tend to buy again with the same vendor even if there is small difference in price.

While the argument he's making is suspect it's not without merit. Especially if hes make a small profit and pulling away sales from his competitors while doing it.
if he's small time, he probably wants to turn over stock as fast as possible. the sooner he can sell half the stock at a 100% profit, the sooner he can make better $ on the 2nd half...

post #99 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

or we are getting scammed... time will tell lol

post #100 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

For Savvy, Rokmen, Genright, Poison Spyder, etc. I understand that. For random Chinese dude selling on Ebay, not so much.
post #101 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:41 PM
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just ordered one. For $70 I'll give it a try.
post #102 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Jeepsr4me

If real, I bet he never would have guessed as many sold in this short time. If I knew for real, I would get a bunch, I like to see when I back up and working on my boat or trailer at night is pain....

And yes I ordered one yesterday. But I did not have to sign in to a china ebay that time. It just let me use regular ebay

What I dont see is wiring and a switch...
post #103 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

none of the chinese lights i've ever ordered have come with a switch or harness.

i didn't have to sign into china ebay to order

post #104 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 01:11 PM
tjcj

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Interested to see where this goes.

Sent from my XT881 freeze ray gun using JeepForum.

Yakima Valley Mountaineers.
post #105 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
jktrex

I say we organize a group buy from his source.

Tags
50 , 50inch , china , cree , ebay , inch , led , lightbar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in