50" LED light bar for $40?! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 04:17 AM
Jeepsr4me

I asked for pictures of the actual light bar. And he sent me this..

Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Rougarou

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Interesting! I ordered a 42" as well. Curious to see how it holds up, if I get it in a month.

2006 TJ / (under construction)
post #48 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 AM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the 42's are back up.

i just ordered one. minimal risk. and if it pays off, i'll put it on something lol

93 yj. 355 chevy, heads, cam, intake, etc. 35's, bumpers, winch, lights, and a killer stereo.

post #49 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Jeepsr4me

I am trying to see the guys angle. Every where else I look these are in the hundreds of dollars. His only other items are junk hats and some led computer lights. I dont see how he made the jump to these, unless they are stolen, dont exists or a cheaper knockoff than a china made stuff or they are factory rejects that will be "broken in shipment" and you aint gonna ship it back....I know stuff is made cheap there and maybe he cutting out the 8 middle men that it takes normally to get a huge order sent here.
Or its a big scam and he gonna shut the account down and take his money out of bank that he set up with Paypal...
Which is super easy to do in another country and on internet...

gamble either way, and never know, could win the lotto too...
post #50 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 08:08 AM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The account has been active over a year. i think his feedback is bs. there's a lot of random positive feedback that matches...

ebay and paypal both have protections... we'll see...

93 yj. 355 chevy, heads, cam, intake, etc. 35's, bumpers, winch, lights, and a killer stereo.
post #51 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I ordered one in a slighty druken stupor last night as the bruins lost and I decided to take it out of my credit card

This morning clearer heads prevailed and I remembered I don't even really care for hte look of these LED light bars haha So I contacted him and he very quickly responded he would be more than happy to refund my full amount..for whatever that is worth he at least didn't try and feed me some garbage about already ordering or shipping it

06 LJ Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 08:20 AM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

if it shows up i might do something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANGLE...-/121046882943

post #53 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 AM
DivineKaos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I found his supplier. I can get them at $22 each (plus shipping). The catch? I have to order 200 at a time. lol

Exact same as what he is selling, and the others on eBay.

Just shows the markup on these things. I'm trying to get some cash together to grab a load. They would move quickly coming from a North American supplier.

"A man has to know two things in life, limitations and priorities. You let your priorities get in the way of your limitations." - MrBlaine
post #54 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:16 AM
DivineKaos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
if it shows up i might do something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANGLE...-/121046882943
This is my problem. That is the location I want to mount. But, I don't want to spend $175 to do it.

"A man has to know two things in life, limitations and priorities. You let your priorities get in the way of your limitations." - MrBlaine
post #55 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:20 AM
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
I am trying to see the guys angle. Every where else I look these are in the hundreds of dollars. His only other items are junk hats and some led computer lights. I dont see how he made the jump to these, unless they are stolen, dont exists or a cheaper knockoff than a china made stuff or they are factory rejects that will be "broken in shipment" and you aint gonna ship it back....I know stuff is made cheap there and maybe he cutting out the 8 middle men that it takes normally to get a huge order sent here.
Or its a big scam and he gonna shut the account down and take his money out of bank that he set up with Paypal...
Which is super easy to do in another country and on internet...

gamble either way, and never know, could win the lotto too...
If this is his plan he'll fail. I've owned an ebay business. Paypal holds the money for over a month to gurantee the customer gets their product before they release the funds. At worst we have to ask paypal for a refund.
post #56 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:23 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
they are factory rejects
My money is on this. And not the overall bar, but every component in it. Will it still work OK? Maybe. For this kind of money its probably worth the gamble, but don't fool yourself about what you are buying.
post #57 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:27 AM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
My money is on this. And not the overall bar, but every component in it. Will it still work OK? Maybe. For this kind of money its probably worth the gamble, but don't fool yourself about what you are buying.
when i smash it off a tree i won't be nearly as upset

post #58 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:28 AM
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineKaos View Post
This is my problem. That is the location I want to mount. But, I don't want to spend $175 to do it.
i'll just have a buddy put a bend in a piece of tubing for me and i'll fab from there.

if nothing else, it'll give me something to do.

or i'll put it on the pontoon boat lol.

post #59 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM
DivineKaos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
They aren't. Well, I don't believe them to be.

If you buy them in bulk (talking 200 or more at a time)- this pricing is very realistic. The supplier has access to 10000+ a month.

Not likely to be rejects.

post #60 of 499 Old 05-02-2014, 09:34 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
when i smash it off a tree i won't be nearly as upset
But if you smash a quality one against a tree nothing to worry about, this one who knows? I know a lot of people have seen the videos of what the big names bars can withstand, but I saw in person one getting driven over, smashed against rocks, thrown off ledges, etc. at Backdoor one night at KOH and no problems. I was very impressed. But as I said before for this price, its worth it.

Tags
50 , 50inch , china , cree , ebay , inch , led , lightbar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in