32's or 33's hard to decide - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 AM
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I bought the 33x10.50's.
Taller, lighter, etc.....
Read my build thread about why I chose that size.

Patriot Blue 2001 TJ
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
You might want to have some experience before giving bad advice.My brother has had 33's and mounted on the stock spare tire carrier for several years.MrBlaine's wife has a 35" spare mounted on the stock tire carrier.You just have to get the weight on the bumper and off the tailgate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate001 View Post
how do you get the weight of the tire off of the tailgate and on the bumper

LOL I was wondering the same thing.
post #18 of 23 Old 10-10-2009, 04:58 PM
BoarderX47
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You might want to have some experience before giving bad advice.My brother has had 33's and mounted on the stock spare tire carrier for several years.MrBlaine's wife has a 35" spare mounted on the stock tire carrier.You just have to get the weight on the bumper and off the tailgate.
X2. If you mount it correctly so the tire is tight against the body it will be fine.

Jeep TJ Tire Carrier on Tailgate and Larger Spare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 23 Old 10-10-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
inmate001
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my next question is what tires you recommend Im looking for something that handles ice well but i also like the rocks so i need something with good side walls i don't like mud but I do get into it often enough for it to be a concern price also is a factor
post #20 of 23 Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 PM
2003X

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
bump bump bump
I have my rear tire on a swing out carrier, which is on the bumper.

My Build

post #21 of 23 Old 10-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
how do you get the weight of the tire off of the tailgate and on the bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post

LOL I was wondering the same thing.
like this...

happened kind of by default for me though. i got the bumper long before i got my tires (33x10.50) and the tire shop told me it wouldnt fit. i had them put it in the back and i went home and put it on myself. it rubs a little bit when opening and closing but its nothing that bothers me in the slightest. i actually like how snug it is.

back on topic now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Being right has nothing to do with arrogance. It's only perceived that way by those that are wrong.
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
post #22 of 23 Old 10-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
my next question is what tires you recommend Im looking for something that handles ice well but i also like the rocks so i need something with good side walls i don't like mud but I do get into it often enough for it to be a concern price also is a factor
for the snowy and icy conditions you need a lot of tread contact and contact pressure. a skinnier tire will give you better contact pressure than a wider tire and one with a fairly tight tread pattern will give you the tread contact. as you can see in my picture above i have BFG AT's and they work great in snow and ice. they do okay on rocks but are clearly not a tire designed for rocks but they do have a very strong, 3-ply sidewall. in mud they pack up pretty quick and become slicks but theyre not the worst tire you could have in mud.

my vote goes to either the BFG AT for all-around performance (as per your criteria) and the BFG KM2 for better performance in the rocks and mud (youll lose a little in snowy/icy conditions though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Being right has nothing to do with arrogance. It's only perceived that way by those that are wrong.
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
post #23 of 23 Old 10-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Silver_Slipper

2000 TJ Wrangler 

check out the Goodyear Dura trak's. they've been getting rave reviews by not only me but others as well! They are also pre-drilled for snow/ice studs for winter.

Wheel it like a rental car!
My Jeep and I both wave. :D
Silver Jeep Club #37
Nightcrew #021
|l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
No, we all know in the beginning God created the earth and the Heavens. On the second day God created man and Jeep. Man had too much fun so God created woman. Man hasn't had near as much fun since.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in