2006 TJ remove heater - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 02-27-2015, 07:00 AM
J03_TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

On the subject of atmosphere and r134-a, it was said on here that it's the same stuff in the cans of "compressed air in a can" used by people who clean electronics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 02-27-2015, 08:42 AM
1orangews6
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I replaced the heater core in my 01 TJ. I used ratchet straps to lift the dash enough to get the heat box out. While I was doing all that I replaced my entire cooling system. I ordered all my parts heater core, foam gaskets for the heater box, heater hoses, water pump, thermostat, radiator, and condenser for the AC from Parts Geek. Got an AC buddy to take care of the AC part of it. It took a good 8 hours to get it done with several 12 oz curls throughout the process. None of it was hard but it was time consuming but it was awesome having heat again without having antifreeze leaking on the floor.

2006 LJ Silver / 2013 Trail Hawk Silver stock / 2001 Sunset Orange WS6 Trans AM heavily modified
post #18 of 22 Old 02-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Zeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder05 View Post
accidents happen...doesn't mean you can go around dumping your fluids all over the place.
Your missing the point!
Gov't makes a law against something, and unintentionally, violations occur all the time.

JEEP THE AR-15 OF THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD

post #19 of 22 Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
timh141
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
1_long_cj: I was reading your post "...The OP said he only had two nuts holding the top of the dash. I had all four. In fact the middle two hold a metal bar which holds up the rear of the stock radio..." and it jogged my memory. My son had an aftermarket stereo installed, and that must be where the other two nuts went....the installer just never replaced them!
post #20 of 22 Old 08-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Jeepsr4me

Where are those 4 studs and nuts? And how did ya get to them? Thanks.
post #21 of 22 Old 10-29-2015, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
timh141
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
sorry i haven't been on for awhile, inside at the top of the dash near the windshield. you have to pull off the plastic where the defroster vents are to get to them
post #22 of 22 Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
timh141
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Almost 4 years later, the heater core sprung a leak, so we'll be doing this again soon. And when it rains, the Jeep is leaking around the passenger door. We tried adjusting it and putting a new weather seal around it, building up the gap with RTV and then putting plastic wrap over it and closing the door...every trick we could come up with basically. Finally pulled the plugs out of the floor so at least it won't fill up with water. I have a 2005 and and a 1994 as well. They both leak also.

Tags
dash , heater core , hvac , leak , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in