2003-2006 Hardtop Harness Manual - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-12-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Cowboyblm
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2003-2006 Hardtop Harness Manual

I am a recently new proud owner of a 2005 Wrangler. When I purchased it, it had a hard top, however, it was never wired for a hardtop. I am aware all of the hardtop kits have been discontinued by MOPAR. I am also aware of a manual on a 2002 Wrangler hardtop wiring diagram, however, I am wondering if any of you tool heads have the 2005 Hardtop Harness diagram and details for the kit? I am needing any and all information relevant to just the 2003-2006 TJ. I am aware that the 2002 Wrangler diagram is likely mostly-right...that is my last resort. There were two kits, so I assume that MOPAR made separate instructions for the 2003-2006 TJ. I have found critical parts I need to make my own harness online, however, I need to know that I have everything, so, when I go to install this, it is done right. I am not rich, so I do not have all the parts just yet. I was hoping to maybe purchase the hardtop plug kit, some wire, and the defrost switch (and maybe wiper switch), just so I have those functions for this winter. I have a diagram for the Hardtop Plug only. I know I need to purchase the two pump reservoir to have the washer function. I am mainly looking for the installation instructions that came with the kit and any literature that MOPAR would have included with the kit. A parts list would be amazing too...even though I have figured out most of the parts. I am sure there is a relay or a fuse...or connector I am unaware of. I do not want to go to a junk yard to pull a wiring harness from a Jeep that has already been wired for a hardtop...it is very hard to find 2005 Wranglers in junk yards nowadays (since Obama did the cash for clunkers). I am hoping someone will have the patience to help me with this literature I need. I don't want to do any funky redneck engineering...I believe in doing it right or not doing it at all. Yes, I am a redneck, it is in my blood...but I like to be professional with anything I own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-12-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Cowboyblm
2005 TJ Wrangler 

And yes, when I purchased it, the hardtop harness was still in stock...but, like a fool, I assumed that this part would be continued for production for a while longer, as this is how things use to be.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I moved your thread for you since it doesn't belong where you posted it, and here you'll hopefully get some help.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Rubi4MyMrs

2005 LJ Wrangler 

There were actually 3 kits over the years, 97-99, 00-02 & 03-06. Here is a link to the late (03-06) kit’s instruction sheets. (hopefully still good)

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/53164.pdf

If you have (or get) a FSM, that will help seeing how the factory installed HT was wired. The kit mostly followed that by including the hardware & wiring that was omitted when not so equipped.

I also have some identifying notes since the installation instructions were pictures only which often caused confusion.

Step 22 cluster harness ’05 & ’06 has dark blue wire at pin 1 and pin 7 too. But neither is present if no HT from factory.

Step 24 is C-170 (’05 & ‘06s have a dark blue wire on the factory side).

Step 25 is C-301 for ‘05 & C-107 for ’03 & ’04.

Step 30, in ’05 color changed to orange/brown.

You do not really need a 2 hole washer tank. It is just like the regular one but with one more hole. You could easily drill one in your existing tank then find a pump.

The kit included 2 in line fuses which can’t be seen in the instructions, one (20a) for the wiper which replaces fuse 6 in the fuse block used by the factory installed tops (shown is the external wire that plugs into the fuse 6 slot but is unfused there) & one (10a) for the “power on” indicator in the defrost switch which replaces fuse 15 also in the fuse block (can be seen how in the FSM).

I’m sure there will be more guys trying this in the future so post results & maybe photos when finished.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-22-2021, 05:39 PM
finster77

Hey cowboy blm….. you mentioned you had a wiring diagram for the hardtop side of a TJ. Anyway you can share that with me?
post #6 of 6 Old 10-23-2021, 07:51 AM
rcroane
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by finster77 View Post
Hey cowboy blm….. you mentioned you had a wiring diagram for the hardtop side of a TJ. Anyway you can share that with me?
I think he means he had the pin out diagram for the hardtop plug (could be either the body side or hardtop side). Both of these are available in the FSM in the Wiring section. The hardtop plugs are C326. Is that what you are looking for?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in