2.5 four banger verifiable "performance" mods - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 49 Old 05-13-2020, 10:09 AM
Jo3Gee

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Does your Jeep put out more HP than a 4 cylinder with a CAI? Can I buy your engine upgrade for the same price as a TB spacer? I will Paypal you the money after I buy a 4 cylinder Jeep. NashvilleTJ stole my engine upgrade for us poor people.

Ok on a serious note, lets say $500 budget?

Maybe Id try a hotter cam, and bore the intake valves to a larger size if they are reasonably available?

Personally I wouldnt spend more than that on the 2.5. Id just enjoy it as is, and be happy with it. But I am interested in dyno results of the OPs mods anyway.

JoeyFishTJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 Old 05-13-2020, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
JoeyFishTJ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyRN View Post
I had to go digging, but here you go. JP magazine, July 2011. Not very scientific article - seems like more of a rehash of popular attempts to improve the 2.5's output. They do mention the rocker arms though, and according to the article, the ratios are different (1.6 vs factory 1.5). So kinda like a cam.

Going through my boxes of JP magazine was like a trip down memory lane. Some issues stood out in my memory.

JeepForum likes pictures wider than they are tall. So it'll put them sideways. Sorry.
I really appreciate the effort you put in to find it. I'm glad you experienced some nostalgia along the way! It's definitely more than what I was able to find online. Thank you
post #48 of 49 Old 05-13-2020, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
JoeyFishTJ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Sarcasm only. I'm guessing you didn't read the forum stickies.
I have read the Forum Stickies. And at first I thought you had an answer to my question which is why I wanted to verify that it was indeed sarcasm, and I'm glad you clarified it was.
I also don't feel like I've been bantering anyone, so I'm sorry if you misinterpreted what I was implying. I've tried to keep this threat factual and direct and you've just been bantering me if anything. As well as cluttering it up with your saved photos of jokes and whatnot.

All I want to know if there's any factual proof and numbers if any mods "work".
If there is, I would like links.
If there isn't, I would like to put them on my own vehicle and gather the numbers to verify if the common rumors are true.
I'm not looking to make an extra 100 hp out of this engine. Even if I only get a 15HP (or TQ) change, that's still a 20% increase of what I'm making now. This is more out of curiosity and gathering verifiable knowledge than it is out of trying to make a Jeep fast. It's what I do for a living, and as a hobby.

post #49 of 49 Old 05-14-2020, 12:46 AM
sycboi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I drove my 1997 2.5 Liter TJ for 5 years. Did a lot of mods to it. Rebuilt engine. Rebuilt transmission. Kept tire limit to 31s. CAI. Throttle body work. Differential work. The only thing that makes a REAL difference are steeper gears. Anything else is a waste of time for 4 cylinder performance modding. The rest of it ended up being time/money consuming projects that allowed me to say at least I was working on my Jeep, lol...
JoeyFishTJ likes this.

SuperBeast, enforcer for the Mopar Mafia ̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Tags
2.5 , performance , power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in