1999 Wrangler Sahara Needs windshield - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-26-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
KORYSO1969

1999 Wrangler Sahara Needs windshield

Hi GUYS ! So where is the best place to get a windshield for this vehicle? 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara .I think I can replace myself just want where I should buy for the best value. This is my first post and I am buying this vehicle tomorrow !

First Time Jeep Owner!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A lot of people have glass replacement in their auto insurance and so it gets done through somebody like Safelite.

There also have been threads about the polycarb replacements. IIRC Optic Armor gets talked about a lot in those threads. I actually picked one of those up out of the classifieds a few years ago, but have just not had the need to use it.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-26-2018, 10:54 AM
ravenworks

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just had mine replaced,$198 total cost.
Insurance paid for it,I wouldn't get my hands dirty for that much even if I had to pay for it.

Semper-Fi "81-84"
I.U.O.E. - 18

post #4 of 5 Old 09-26-2018, 01:11 PM
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any glass shop that installs them should be able to order you one. That way you wont have to worry about damage due to shipping. I did a window frame swap on a CJ years ago. Tried to reuse the original glass. Can't remember if I broke it taking it out or putting it in, but I did manage to install the new one.

Life is short, Play hard.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2018, 01:24 PM
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just a heads up on the 99 Glass replacement and what a glass replace guy told me about my 99.
If its cracked where Jeep glass usually cracks, and that is diagonally across either of the two lower corners
there is another problem in addition to just cracked glass. A very honest glass repaireman said he would not replace
my glass cracked like that becuase Jeeps notorisouly get rust building up under the lower part of the window frame
in those two areas causing the glass to crack like that. So he told me if he installed a new windshield, in 6 months it
would be cracked again because the rust would continue to build up and crack the glass again. He said the window
frame would have to have those rust spots ground down or a new metal frame installed too to make sure that kind
of crack doesnt happen again. Needles to say, I still have my cracked glass in becuase I havent yet gotten around to
dealing with the rusted window frame yet

Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99

Tags
1999 , replacement , windshield , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in