10 bucks worth of aluminum - Page 16 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 272 Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
No. Now I'm actually more afraid of the Jeep doing a front flip or a stopy.
Who was driving?

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 272 Old 07-20-2010, 11:29 PM
DaleII

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Who was driving?
His name was Dave. He drove it a few weeks ago?

2005 Silver LJ
post #228 of 272 Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
His name was Dave. He drove it a few weeks ago?
Dave was late. He was supposed to be there at 10 and I hung out a bit longer than was needed to wait for him.

What did Dave think?

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com

post #229 of 272 Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 PM
DaleII

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dave was late. He was supposed to be there at 10 and I hung out a bit longer than was needed to wait for him.

What did Dave think?
He loved it, as did I. How could you not? He thought of the Jeep as what it is, amazing. Everything is done right. He wants his to work that way once you're done. Who wouldn't? I know I would.

2005 Silver LJ
post #230 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Neudiin

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Since I am a card carrying Southern Smartass member # 2145 and no one else has said it, it is left to me.

blaine and anyone else from Savvy, needs to be very careful when testing that bracket, you stop too quickly and luckrider's head will be up your ***.
post #231 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 02:21 PM
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neudiin View Post
Since I am a card carrying Southern Smartass member # 2145 and no one else has said it, it is left to me.

blaine and anyone else from Savvy, needs to be very careful when testing that bracket, you stop too quickly and luckrider's head will be up your ***.
i cant believe i didnt think of that. Shame on me. Kudo's to you though!!
post #232 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, another day gone by and my Brackets-O-Death have killed no one.

Practical application is still kicking theory's butt.
Your like the kid in math class who HONESTLY doesn't understand why the answer is less important than the solution.

Quote:
blaine and anyone else from Savvy, needs to be very careful when testing that bracket, you stop too quickly and luckrider's head will be up your
Amen brother.....
post #233 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM
EricRollerSkate
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Lowered, Dubbed, and Spinning

Why wear a flip flop on your left foot, and a steel toe on the right?
post #234 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
Your like the kid in math class who HONESTLY doesn't understand why the answer is less important than the solution.
And you're like the teacher who doesn't understand that some folks know what will work and go do it even if it isn't arrived at by conventional means.

That bracket is not going to fail and there's nothing you can do to make it fail and I'm going to post back up for every day that goes by and it doesn't fail or kill someone.

Besides all of that, in reference to your math kid analogy, I knew the process to arrive at the solution long before I built the brackets. I'm well familiar with aluminum alloys and what they can and can't do. I've been working with it in stressful applications for at least 20 years.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #235 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And you're like the teacher who doesn't understand that some folks know what will work and go do it even if it isn't arrived at by conventional means.

That bracket is not going to fail and there's nothing you can do to make it fail and I'm going to post back up for every day that goes by and it doesn't fail or kill someon
I have not once said it was going to fail. I believe I said:
Quote:
You are most likely 100% correct. All I'm trying to point out, is that in a safety sensitive system, there is ZERO room for oversight. You gotta test.
It scares the piss out of me that someone who sells so many brakes ASSUMES anything at all.

Your statement regarding the teacher vindicates mine about the student. Answer inclined kids become mechanics and solution inclined kids become engineers, for better or worse.

Over and way the *&^% out.
post #236 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
I have not once said it was going to fail. I believe I said:

It scares the piss out of me that someone who sells so many brakes ASSUMES anything at all.
Where do you think I am making any assumptions in the very least when it comes to brakes? You're judging a long history of very design successful products with regard to braking, off of one thread full of very tongue in cheek banter by myself.

Look around, do you see the kit for sale yet? No you don't and you won't until I'm 100% comfortable that it will take everything anyone can throw at it and survive just fine. For the record again, I DO NOT SELL ANY BRAKES. I am the designer, developer, and supervise the testing and evaluation.

You're late to the party with your assumptions, but no one has spent as much time as I have figuring out the process for making these things work. The fact that I'm 100 percent successful with ZERO failures of ANY KIND should give you a clue as to the amount of time I spend on this stuff.

Quote:
Your statement regarding the teacher vindicates mine about the student. Answer inclined kids become mechanics and solution inclined kids become engineers, for better or worse.
What ever, and that's a very big WHAT EVER.

Just because I have no letters behind my name to satisfy the needs of some doesn't mean I take this stuff lightly, nor does it mean I haven't sent a bracket to an engineer buddy to have it drawn up and a FEA done on it.

Quote:
Over and way the *&^% out.
Does this mean you won't be watching the tally of days that the Brackets-O-Death haven't killed anyone?

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #237 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 06:25 PM
JeepFund
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
...I am the designer, developer, and supervise the testing and evaluation...

-Intermission-

...nor does it mean I haven't sent a bracket to an engineer buddy to have it drawn up and a FEA done on it.

-JeepFund

ΞlllllllΞ
post #238 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM
EricRollerSkate
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfund View Post
It's ok, let him go. He just built a bracket.

Quote:
i didn't drop off a drawing, i dropped off a knuckle, caliper/bracket, unit bearing and rotor with an air pressure line adapter. We clamped the caliper in place, oriented it for the high point on the bleed screw and then he started generating the program and drawing in cad to make the part. If you can do all that in a couple of hours, we really need to talk.

Lowered, Dubbed, and Spinning

Why wear a flip flop on your left foot, and a steel toe on the right?
post #239 of 272 Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
DaleII

2005 LJ Wrangler 

2005 Silver LJ
post #240 of 272 Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 AM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

blaine and anyone else from Savvy, needs to be very careful when testing that bracket, you stop too quickly and Dale's head will be up your ***.
Fixed it for this specific thread

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JFI Member #7:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ:
BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas

Tags
aluminum , brake caliper bracket , centeric premium calipers , savvy , vanco super 17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in