Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Stock Rubicon parts on JLU

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Bandman1969 
#1 ·
HI guys,

Looking for some insight.

I just purchased a 2019 JLU Sport on Friday. I absolutely love my new jeep.

I picked up a set of 2020 Rubicon takeoffs to replace my stock tires and rims. The gentleman I got them from also gave me the equipment the dealership removed from his Rubicon when they put on his new lift.

So my question is, would putting on the Rubicon takeoffs give my Jeep lift? I wasn't really looking to lift my jeep but now I have the parts in a really cool jeep box and I thought it might be an option.

Has anyone tried the exchange? Is it even possible?

Sorry for the dumb questions. This is my first post so please be kind even though I have owned jeeps since 1990.

Thanks,

Dennis

See less See more
#2 ·
Not a dumb question at all getting not only the wheels and tires but also the springs from the Rubi is a good grab and might be all you need to make it work. The rubi I believe has one inch of lift from the springs and then the front fenders are raised another inch maybe 2 you can double check that easily with a google search. The Rubi tires are 33" I would be fairly certain with just 1" lift you could clear enough to drive around town. Off road with sway bar disconnected for example may be another story. What size tires does your Sport have now? With that info should be able to give a fairly definitive answer to this. I don't think the control arms are different between a rubi and sport but the shocks maybe that would probably be the only other thing you may want to install with the springs.

#3 ·
A Rubi suspension will net close to 2" of lift on a Sport.

I helped my neighbor do exactly that after she got get new Sport S. Looked really good after, it was an appropriate amount of lift.

#9 ·
I did this on my two door Sport. It gave me two inches and I am happy. I also have the Rubicon rims and tires, no issue with clearing the fenders. On the JLU you can expect about one inch of lift due to the extra doors and weight. Make sure you install the springs in the correct location. Right rear, left front. It will be uneven if not in the right spot. I used 2" longer sway bar links from Mopar also, this will help keep those wheels on the ground if you go anywhere.
As said, the control arms are the same on all models.

#13 ·
I had hoped that was the answer.

Why else would guys have them lifted right at the dealership? That would be crazy to void a warranty before you drove it off the lot.
Some people know what they want. There are also people that are willing to hedge their bets that nothing major will break and if it dies, they will replace it with a better aftermarket part.

I also know people who lose their minds if the vehicle they drive is coming close to the warranty running out and will trade in for that exact reason even if the vehicle has been flawless and is in like new condition.

Lift, gears, tires, lockers, winch, bumpers, tire carrier went on my 2014 before I took delivery of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.