New 2020 Rubicon - A couple questions. - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 10-12-2019, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
ucla81

2020 JK Wrangler 

New 2020 Rubicon - A couple questions.

2020 2.0L I4 Turbo (love it! - feels like an 8-cyl). The dash is red. And the "Rubicon" lettering on each side of the hood is black with a red outline. I can live with the dash (it matches the sting-gray exterior) but the red lettering around the "Rubicon" lettering is irritating me. I suppose I could buy solid black and change it myself. So the question is: Is the red dash and red outline on the lettering standard on ALL 2020 Rubicons regardless of exterior color? Thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-14-2019, 01:50 PM
millpaub
1937 CJ2A 

Iíve seen several Rubicons without the red dash, so I think the dealer can delete it. Not sure about the red letter outlines. Some colors, such as punkin, donít look good to me with the red dash or lettering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 Old 10-16-2019, 04:25 AM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

The two colors of dash are red and gray. The difference is what type and color of seats you have. Some people pull the dash off and get them painted to match the body. This is very cool with the Mojito especially.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.

post #4 of 18 Old 11-05-2019, 06:38 PM
robliski

The 2019 models had a red or grey dash trim depending on the color you chose. For example Mojito Green came with grey dash trim. Actually when I ordered mine, I though it would come with a grey dash and that I would have to remove and either replace with red or color match to my car. Then, I saw the video and it is a huge ordeal to remove these trims. However, for 2020, they decided that all Rubicons will come with a red dash trim as a distinct feature for the model. All badges also have a red glow around them. I have Mojito Green and love it and I'm glad it came with a red dash for it to stand out.
post #5 of 18 Old 11-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

And just to spike the BS meter, the four cylinder in your Jeep will in no way compare to a decent V8.

Two liters? That sounds like the size of a soda bottle.
tcass likes this.

post #6 of 18 Old 11-08-2019, 07:22 PM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
And just to spike the BS meter, the four cylinder in your Jeep will in no way compare to a decent V8.

Two liters? That sounds like the size of a soda bottle.
Not to criticize the 4, that's a personal choice. Original Jeeps had 4s, and they can be powerful.

however there is truth in your statement. Went to lunch in a co-workers (really nice) BMW. Until he started it, and you could tell right off it was a 4. Just wrong for that car. But a Jeep is not a BMW, it's not about smoothness or polish. It's about getting through and the 4 will do that with less weight. Personally I prefer a naturally aspirated larger engine to a turbocharged smaller one, but that's just a personal thing.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #7 of 18 Old 11-09-2019, 04:37 PM
robliski

I got the V6. They said the turbo charged will have better power in higher elevations and it’s true. But I didn’t want extra things that can break, no turbos for me. Also, I didn’t like the sound if the 4 cylinder engine.
post #8 of 18 Old 11-13-2019, 05:42 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Smart choice although today the diesel is on their website. The diesel costs four thousand dollars more.

post #9 of 18 Old 11-14-2019, 11:41 AM
robliski

Quote:
Smart choice although today the diesel is on their website. The diesel costs four thousand dollars more.
Yeah. For years I was dreaming of buying a Jeep and always thought 'Why in the hell is a diesel option not available? Higher torque, better fuel economy, less electronics in engine.' No brainer right? And yet for years they didn't make diesel as an option. Then I decided to pull the trigger and buy and 3 months later they announce of an upcoming diesel.

That said, I'm not sure if diesel is a good option anymore. First of all, a 260 HP diesel producing 440+ ft lb of torque is not going to be exactly very 'economical,' so you can still run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. Second, environmental laws are getting stricter on diesel. Europe is thinking about banning diesels in personal vehicles altogether and I'm sure my home state CA will follow that principle very soon. So, I'm not burning up about this too much.
post #10 of 18 Old 11-20-2019, 12:18 PM
BoiseRules

Did a JL Rubican Ecodiesel "Build" on the Jeep website The downside... Ecodiesel Rubicon Axle ratios are 3.73...
post #11 of 18 Old 11-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseRules View Post
Did a JL Rubican Ecodiesel "Build" on the Jeep website The downside... Ecodiesel Rubicon Axle ratios are 3.73...
Two things.

The automatic transmission the diesel uses is different

Secondly, the diesel has way more torque and generally operates at lower rpm therefore the 3.73 makes sense.

post #12 of 18 Old 11-21-2019, 10:56 AM
BoiseRules

Quote:
Two things.
The automatic transmission the diesel uses is different
Secondly, the diesel has way more torque and generally operates at lower rpm therefore the 3.73 makes sense.

I own a 2016 Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee so I understand the increased torque. Owners who have upgraded to V8 engines with significantly more torque than the 3.6 V6 are running 4.56-5.38 gear ratios. It just would have been nice to have 4.10's. One less thing to pay for when you go to 37" & up tires...
post #13 of 18 Old 11-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseRules View Post
I own a 2016 Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee so I understand the increased torque. Owners who have upgraded to V8 engines with significantly more torque than the 3.6 V6 are running 4.56-5.38 gear ratios. It just would have been nice to have 4.10's. One less thing to pay for when you go to 37" & up tires...
But it might be too much gear for the tireís that it comes with. 33ís on a Rubicon, 32Ē on Sahara, same on other models, possibly slightly smaller.

Well why didnít they gear it for 40ís, you know, because somebody might want to run 40ís.

post #14 of 18 Old 11-26-2019, 11:42 AM
LuthWJ77

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robliski View Post
Yeah. For years I was dreaming of buying a Jeep and always thought 'Why in the hell is a diesel option not available? Higher torque, better fuel economy, less electronics in engine.' No brainer right? And yet for years they didn't make diesel as an option. Then I decided to pull the trigger and buy and 3 months later they announce of an upcoming diesel.

That said, I'm not sure if diesel is a good option anymore. First of all, a 260 HP diesel producing 440+ ft lb of torque is not going to be exactly very 'economical,' so you can still run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. Second, environmental laws are getting stricter on diesel. Europe is thinking about banning diesels in personal vehicles altogether and I'm sure my home state CA will follow that principle very soon. So, I'm not burning up about this too much.
I've read a couple of reviews that popped up in my timeline of the ecodiesel in the JLU and they were giddy about it saying the instant torque was much welcomed. I believe they averaged 30MPG on their trip out to test grounds also which is expected since the Ram gets that and the JLU is lighter. If they're really thinking about banning diesels which I doubt, it's even more reason to get one as it'll be highly sought after later on. It's a no brainer for me if I was to buy a new Jeep it'd have the diesel. Also, banks makes a plug in tuner that can't be traced by the dealer since it's not flashing the ECM adding even more power and torque so may not even really need to change those gears for 40s.
post #15 of 18 Old 11-27-2019, 10:21 AM
BoiseRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuthWJ77 View Post
I've read a couple of reviews that popped up in my timeline of the ecodiesel in the JLU and they were giddy about it saying the instant torque was much welcomed. I believe they averaged 30MPG on their trip out to test grounds also which is expected since the Ram gets that and the JLU is lighter. If they're really thinking about banning diesels which I doubt, it's even more reason to get one as it'll be highly sought after later on. It's a no brainer for me if I was to buy a new Jeep it'd have the diesel. Also, banks makes a plug in tuner that can't be traced by the dealer since it's not flashing the ECM adding even more power and torque so may not even really need to change those gears for 40s.

TFL reviewed the JL EcoDiesel and they say the tank range is 550 miles...

I would link the video but I'm restricted

w w.youtube.com/watch?v=xitTvNp_Sbc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in