engine Start/Stop question - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeep4maine

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-02-2021, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
brennaman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

engine Start/Stop question

Went to the dealer to ask them about ordering a new Rubi. I want the 3.6l with a manual 6-speed transmission. The salesman I spoke with was not sure if with this package it has the start stop, so he asked another salesman that thought since it was a manual, it did not have it.

So what is the truth? Does the manual transmission have the auto with start stop? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-02-2021, 08:28 PM
jeep4maine

Not sure if you’re referring to the engine auto stop feature, but if so-mine does. You can push a button to turn it off or do so in the set-up.
LittleFootZJ likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-03-2021, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
brennaman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bummer, I thought maybe only the automatic transmission vehicles would have that feature. I have been looking online for a rubi with the 6 speed in my area to look at it in person, but they are hard to come by. Thanks for the reply,

post #4 of 10 Old 08-04-2021, 12:18 PM
LittleFootZJ
1996 ZJ 

You can disable it with a button on the dash. If you turn the Jeep off with it disabled it should continue to be disabled when you start the vehicle again. If not you can always get HP Tuners or Tazer etc and disable the system completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 Old 08-04-2021, 09:37 PM
Roadijeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFootZJ View Post
You can disable it with a button on the dash. If you turn the Jeep off with it disabled it should continue to be disabled when you start the vehicle again. If not you can always get HP Tuners or Tazer etc and disable the system completely.

The ESS defaults to being enabled whenever you start the engine, regardless if it was on or off when the Jeep was turned off. Yes, there are aftermarket things that can disable it permanently but I just press the off button when I start the engine if I do not want it left on. It has become as natural to me as having to press the brake pedal before it will start.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-05-2021, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
brennaman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks all for answering the question you would think the salesman should know.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-05-2021, 11:17 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFootZJ View Post

Ah, No.

Automatically defaults to on. The only way to get around this is to either push the button every time you start it or get a smartstopstart or a tazer/tazer mini.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #8 of 10 Old 08-06-2021, 07:23 AM
DTOM1776

2020 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
Ah, No.

Automatically defaults to on. The only way to get around this is to either push the button every time you start it or get a smartstopstart or a tazer/tazer mini.
I just ordered the Tazer, hope it works as advertised.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-06-2021, 01:15 PM
Axhammer
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Garage
The Tazer mini does not disable the ESS, rather it remembers the switch position upon restart, so I guess it’s kinda the same thing.

If the switch is in the deactivated position when you turn it off, the Tazer mini will remember that it was turned off when you restart the vehicle. Without it, the Jeep will reset it to the on position automatically.

The Tazer mini also allows tire size changes for speedometer accuracy, PSI thresholds for the TPS system, among many other features.

The Jeep can be reset to the factory settings, for when you take it to the dealer for service.

I recently took mine in for an oil change, and one of the first things they did was to connect to the data port on my Jeep, with a handheld device. I’m not sure what they look for, but I’m assuming they would have said something to me if they had detected something had been used to change settings in the computer. The young man doing the oil change asked if I knew my tires were low, and I told him, yes, I only need 30 PSI with the 35’s, so I didn’t need them serviced to 37 PSI.

I just drove about 500 miles from NC to GA in about 8 hours. I was going about 80 MPH most of the trip, and I got about 22 MPG average. Not bad for a JKU with 2” lift on 35’s.
Attached Thumbnails
0A5C2035-D74F-420E-B4E3-B4EAC4992C52.jpg   9B561841-545D-45E5-916E-27AE751D3A3D.jpg  

Why do I own a CJ? I like to “Balance the wrench and the steering wheel”
1985 CJ-7 Sebring Red, White hardtop, 284 CID inline six (4.7) TF 999 auto
2020 JLU Black, Black hardtop, EcoDiesel, 35’s on 2” Mopar lift
View my Pontiac in my profile
post #10 of 10 Old 08-09-2021, 06:18 AM
DTOM1776

2020 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennaman View Post
Thanks all for answering the question you would think the salesman should know.
That's a stretch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in