Dealer pulling my chain? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2021, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
spinxt

Dealer pulling my chain?

I’m in the market for a 2021 JLU. The dealer tells me they cannot order an 80th Anniversary or Freedom Edition. Both vehicle are currently able to be built on Jeep.com. Is my dealer fill of **** or are certain models not available?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2021, 08:18 AM
captainkoz

Its mid season, and the 2022 are going to start coming out soon. Usually when that happens, the dealers can no longer order them until the switch over is complete. Certain models might still be available, and certain models may have stopped already. When this happens, you can still build them online....you wont know about it until the dealer tries to order it, and they are locked out. It usually is only for about a month. My guess that sometime next month they will open up ordering for 2022. Your dealer should be able to give you this info if that's the case. Good luck
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-2021, 12:50 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Jeep.com lets you build and price until the new model year is ready to take over. Why if you can't build one for real? Simply because the site will also do a search for vehicles that might match your exact requirements.

I have never had it find one to my exact specs but at times, it finds one that's really close.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #4 of 5 Old 06-21-2021, 04:00 AM
BrierPatch

2002 TJ Wrangler 

My understanding is that they stopped taking orders for the 80th a little while ago. I think it was early June, you may have just missed the cutoff unfortunately.

RC 2.5" X-Series with .75" front spacers, RC 9500 winch with synth. line, RC front adj. trac bar, RC rear adj. trac bar, RC 1" BMML, JKS 1.25" BL, Motive Gear 4.10 gears (from RC), 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs on Pro Comp polished 16x8 1089's, RE 2" bumpstop extensions F/R, Detroit Truetracs F/R, Rokmen Gas tank skid, Rugged Ridge HD front bumper, Rugged Ridge steering skid, Body Armor 59" rear bumper with tire carrier, Body Armor rock sliders and Cobra 75 CB.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-21-2021, 07:57 AM
Zeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Ordered a 80th at the end of January. Picked it up 6 weeks later.

JEEP THE AR-15 OF THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in