Brand New 2020 Rubicon with P06DD Error Code - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jklastinger

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-04-2020, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Jzolt300

Brand New 2020 Rubicon with P06DD Error Code

Hello All,

So just yesterday I bought my wife a brand new 2020 Jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon in Bikini Pearl, we were so excited. Near the end of our 100 mile drive home from the dealer, the vehicle started to jerk and lost power. I was able to get the vehicle to a nearby jeep dealership (just barely) and they identified the Jeep had an error code of P06DD....with just over 300 miles total on the odometer. They told me my vehicle was not roadworthy but as they were closing for the July 4th holiday they would not be able to assess further until Monday. So they parked our new jeep in their shop and my wife is rather frustrated to put it nicely. I have two questions for the folks here:

1) For those that have experienced this code, does it go away after initial repair or have you experienced repeated issues? I have read some stories on here that make me think this could be an ongoing issue.

2) I'm thinking about towing the vehicle on Monday to the dealer I bought if from and cancelling the sale, taking back my 2007 jeep commander I traded in ( I bought that new and never had issues). Anyone feel that this may be an over reaction?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-04-2020, 08:30 AM
jklastinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzolt300 View Post
Hello All,

So just yesterday I bought my wife a brand new 2020 Jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon in Bikini Pearl, we were so excited. Near the end of our 100 mile drive home from the dealer, the vehicle started to jerk and lost power. I was able to get the vehicle to a nearby jeep dealership (just barely) and they identified the Jeep had an error code of P06DD....with just over 300 miles total on the odometer. They told me my vehicle was not roadworthy but as they were closing for the July 4th holiday they would not be able to assess further until Monday. So they parked our new jeep in their shop and my wife is rather frustrated to put it nicely. I have two questions for the folks here:

1) For those that have experienced this code, does it go away after initial repair or have you experienced repeated issues? I have read some stories on here that make me think this could be an ongoing issue.

2) I'm thinking about towing the vehicle on Monday to the dealer I bought if from and cancelling the sale, taking back my 2007 jeep commander I traded in ( I bought that new and never had issues). Anyone feel that this may be an over reaction?

Thanks

I would be pissed. Looking it up there are numerous threads in it. The code is indicating an issue with the oil pump electronics.

I had a leaking thermostat housing at 300 miles on my 2020 rubicon. Dealership repaired it and I was back up the same day and been trouble free since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 9 Old 07-04-2020, 09:05 AM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

1st where is 'jeep cares' they often follow and monitor the forums.

WTF The dealer did not offer a loaner or arrange a rental?
there is an 800 # for jeep that should get these questions answered....hopefully someone can add the #. Get them on this ASAP...

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

I can tell you they don’t make that color anymore. Give them a chance to fix it. That’s what a warranty is for.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-05-2020, 12:33 AM
ravenworks

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
I can tell you they don’t make that color anymore. Give them a chance to fix it. That’s what a warranty is for.
So thats acceptable, no wonder I quit buying any new Jeep products

Semper-Fi "81-84"
I.U.O.E. - 18
post #6 of 9 Old 07-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenworks View Post
So thats acceptable, no wonder I quit buying any new Jeep products
Every mass produced vehicle will have have some units that at some point in time that suffer some kind of defect, premature wear, etc. It sucks when it happens this soon but letís say it happens one month before the warranty expires, would your reaction be any different.

With a limited color that is no longer in production, I think letting them fix it is probably better than settling for a color that was not wanted.

If problems keep popping up and certain conditions are met, then the lemon law comes into play, but it certainly does not come into play for the very first instance of a problem before an opportunity has been given to correct the problem.

Yes, it sucks and is frustrating, but please point to any mass produced vehicle that has had zero problems with all units.

My first JKU was by far the worst vehicle I ever owned. My current JKU has been one of the best. So no, I am not a Koolaid drinker.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-08-2020, 05:44 AM
jklastinger

As I said my thermostat housing had to be replaced at 600 miles due fo a leak, but fixed and not another issue. Happy with my rubicon and love driving it. Itís about the smiles per mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Prot likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-08-2020, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Jzolt300

Ended up keeping the Jeep. They performed a system update and that cleared the code for now.

Did experience another issue with a dash light coming on periodically after I picked the Jeep up Monday, it’s an A with a circle around it and an exclamation (ESS related?) I will be taking it back to the shop again.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-08-2020, 09:07 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzolt300 View Post
Ended up keeping the Jeep. They performed a system update and that cleared the code for now.

Did experience another issue with a dash light coming on periodically after I picked the Jeep up Monday, itís an A with a circle around it and an exclamation (ESS related?) I will be taking it back to the shop again.
Yup, that's a fault with the ESS. Personally, wouldn't bother me at all if my ESS in the Grand stopped working. Then I don't have to remember to shut it off. (Yes, I know about smart stop start, I'm just too cheap to buy one)

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in